Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tips on a 695 airbox mod? I pulled the cover and it seems as though if the "bumps" to the left and right of the center scoop were opened at the front there would be at least twice the air inlet area.
What is the hole in the scoop area that goes down into what looks like a sealed box?

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Let me know what you come up with modding the Airbox>>>
I have a 695 that I have been working on & reallly feel that MORE airflow could only help!!!
I chopped & Cored my pipes & it sounds great right now!!!
A cheap work around Buying new pipes (Eventually!!!)
Also, do you know if there is any Power Commander insight for us?

Safe riding> Bardo333

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I made 5 drill holes in each square between the arches inside(if that makes sense). Noticed a difference in sound and suction without having to worry about running lean or taking in water. Ill take pics later if youre interested.

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
Just ditch the air-box lid. Do a search. There's a great post about how to make an aluminum retainer ring for under $5.00. You're gonna love the sound. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I emailed about the availablity of a Power Commander for the 695 and did not receive a reply. I am not quite up for just removing the complete airbox lid. When I had mine off last I had to clean a group of bugs out of the filter. I think the idea of cutting holes in the lid might be the easiest next to just cutting the center out. Shortening the cans is next on the list.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
There is no power commander out yet for the 695, nor will any others (ie. 620) work with it.

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
The bike runs very lean from the factory to pass E3 emissions. If you take off your airbox lid or mod it in any way then you will further lean out your bike.

I know Hyper hasn't run into any issues so maybe he's lucky but w/o a PCIII, I'd be weary of changing your intake.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
syferrari said:
i just ditched my airbox cover sounds sick suction holds the filter in place . now i just need to core my pipes
...not the best philosphy IMO

suction really won't hold it down if you hit a bump or anything like that (hence why the factory lid has clamps)

you can buy a prefabbed aluminum ring from FBF (IIRC).
or like someone else has said, can fab your own for cheap.

....there's also the cheap zip-tie method:
put stock airbox clamps back on the bottom half of the airbox then use zip-ties (cable ties) to connect them across the airbox.
it's not pretty, but it seems to work better than nothing at all

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
goldenchild said:
The bike runs very lean from the factory to pass E3 emissions. If you take off your airbox lid or mod it in any way then you will further lean out your bike.

I know Hyper hasn't run into any issues so maybe he's lucky but w/o a PCIII, I'd be weary of changing your intake.
All I did was drill holes in the back of my airbox. I didnt cut out a huge hole or remove the top. When I dynoed my bike it showed normal A/F ratios across the board. Oddly enough, after I put on the exhaust, it even became a bit richer in spots. The bike has been running perfectly since.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.