Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals,

Its been a while since i sat on a monster (maybe two years). I'm 220lbs, 6'6" 34-35" inseam... what do you guys think? How roomy are the monsters? I have always been a fan (of naked bikes in general). I know i fit on the old 916/996 platform, but its really my second choice...

Any advice/help from the taller drivers would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Well I'm only 6' but I do find the S4 taller than my wifes M750. Also, once I changed to a Sargeant (sp) seat and clip-ons it really seamed to extend the cockpit. The aftermarket seats like Sargeant and Corbin set you futher back. The S4 and some of the other late models though I don't know which ones also allow for ride height adjustment.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
I'm tall too, and my lower legs are quite long which make my knees ride above the crest-line on the tank, but I'm waiting for new rearsets which will adjust to fix that problem. Whichever model you're looking at should have a set of rearsets available to help make you fit the bike more. S4R rearsets however are a little over a month away from production though.

What are you, some kind of pro athlete!? With those measurements, you should be!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That p1sses me off when you taller guys want to get into "my" sport!

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I'm 6'3" and even with a Corbin seat I find the bike to be slightly small. The problem is the cut outs on the tank. You could probably fit fine, but your legs will not fit below the cut outs. Unfortunately, because of the shape, it's quite uncomfortable to have your legs and knees hitting against the ridge above where they should be. At your size I would personally recommend against a Monster. A Triumph Speed Triple has a LOT more room though if you're looking for a naked bike.

·
Registered
206 Posts
i'm 6'4" on a m900S and don't have many problems with it.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all the input guys... I will have to see if i can find a S4R to sit on... My other idea was, in fact, a speed triple... i love that front end ( i hear that headlight configuration can be used on the monsters too ).. Is it me or is the weather getting warmer? :'(

·
Registered
107 Posts
if aprilia didnt have money problems my vote would be the tuono. its perfect for your height and it kicks ass

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was just kidding earlier (don't take me seriously!). My brother is 6'4" and he tried my bike. He said he would stick to the cruiser/chopper style bikes that are made for taller people.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm 6'4 and have the sargeant seat and that helped a lot but am still planning to get rearsets and clip on. Spent last Sun on a Kaw 636 and yikes that is small. Tried the 749 and it is actually roomier than the monster s4 ( except for the forward lean,which if you have longish arms ,work well.) Serious consider the 749 or the multistrada. The knees really get a workout on the monster.

good luck

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i am thinking a sargent seat to bring me a bit further back.

I've found it harder to corner as further I sit back. Don't you feel it?

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
I'm 6'1 with a 34" inseem and find the height of my s4r just right. I did notice after a couple of hundred miles of super slabbing that the seat to peg distance kind of gets to me. I guess I just have to stick to the twisties. ;D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts