Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

On Saturday i was fortunate enough to attend our local Ducati dream day here in South Africa. I was a bit nervous to take my everyday run around 620 dark around the track as i wasn't sure of it capabilities. Anyway long story short, on the straights bikes were passing me like i was looking for parking (that was expected) but it was around corners that i really got concerned, it completely lacked feeling up front and it felt unstable in high speed turns. My question is; i want to upgrade and i want it to be an air cooled monster, will an s2r 1000 suffer from the same lack of feeling up front or is it just a 620 thing? Do all monster without ohlins lack feeling on the front? My last few track days were on my 916, now i know the 2 are different in terms of track performance but should they really be worlds apart?

Thanks

Mark

G

·
The 620 is inadequate when it comes to the suspension department. I have Ohlins all around and they're awesome (when set up properly). I'm not too sure about an S2R's front end, but I'm almost certain there is quite a bit of an adjustment range when compared to a 620.

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
Also the 620 suspension is set very very soft in it's stock form, with a lot of weight on the rear wheel. Raising the rear, some clip on bars, or lowering the front a little, and some stiffer springs should make the 620 behave much better.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
i have taken my 620 Dark to the track multiple times
after having it professionaly setup (the rear only - front is not adjustable) it improved the feel of the bike 10 fold

the bike feels much more stable coming in/out of turns

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.