Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know or has anyone put a 620 engine in a 900 frame? A friend of mine has a 620 engine and I have a 900 frame so we were thinkin' why not put a bike together. Has anybody done this or know if it would fit up....

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
a slight mod to the engine or frame will make it work. you need a small bracket for the main support. but you need to be careful with this cause if you make a weak one it will break off. but if you make a solid steel or hardcore alum bracket it will work. other wise the swing arm attaches to the engine and you would need 620 parts to make it work.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the frame to long or short or wide? I still have the tank and triple so maybe a frankinmonster 920. So what do you meen by small bracket...

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
the main support for the 900 motor is 12-13 mm wider than on the 620 so you need a spacer type bracket to make it work. But i would measure to make sure. this was done on the and im not to sure 00' 620 engine and on the 01' 900 frame.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
anytime. doing the franken monster is strange cause the bottem end needs 620 parts(swing arm, brakes, ect)but can be modified for 900 or even S4R parts. The top end needs the 900 parts(steering, forks ect.) but same thing applies you can modify everything for better parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts