Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys we got with a 2001 620 dark and are about to upgrade to a two brake system ....i saw some calipers and lines off of a 2005...now the 2005 use the smaller black calipers with what looks to be adapters for the wider bolt pattern...again these are the factory setup...my question is what rotors to use with this setup? do the 2005s have a different offset or bigger size? if not why would they change to those calipers?

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Why on earth would you change to substandard brakes? The actual upgrade is to go frm the newer 2 piston calipers and smaller rotors to the older, better 2 pin 4 piston calipers and 320mm rotors.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
i'll second that.
I rode a single disk 4-piston and a dual-disk 2-piston back to back, and the single setup felt much better.

a better upgrade would be to add a right side setup like the one you have, or upgrade the single disk to a better master/caliper/rotor

two cheap upgrades you can do if you haven't already are a steel braided brake line, and better pads (i like the ferodo platinums)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok ok ok....this is what i originally wanted to do...add the other caliper (just like the one it has) the other rotor (just like the one it has) and the lines and mastercylinder for that setup...i didnt realize they downgraded on the newer bikes!

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
nitrod86gt said:
ok ok ok....this is what i originally wanted to do...add the other caliper (just like the one it has) the other rotor (just like the one it has) and the lines and mastercylinder for that setup...i didnt realize they downgraded on the newer bikes!
Yeah, if youve ever tried to haul one of the new bikes down from freeway speed quickly, you then realize how nice the older calipers and stuff is.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
talk about a decent price... I just picked up this little set of goldlines and master cylinder for $128! All I need now is a rotor and a trick rizoma reservoir. Does anyone know how big the stock res. is?

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.