Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is $300 + parts a good price for the 6K valve service? Also if I go over that, do I run the risk of damaging anything? Thanks!

K

·
0 Posts
Sounds like a great deal to me, I was told mine would cost $800. Do you have a 2v or 4v motor?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Got to follow the service intervals, especially the first one at 6K. If you neglect it, you risk abnormal wear and tear on the engine and, at worst, a snapped belt that could wreak havoc. The 6K is a full service for the bike and gives the mechanic (you or a reputable Duc tech) a chance to look it over with a full service interval under your belt. Items you discover here can be a lot cheaper to fix now, and warranty items can be caught before you run out of warranty-time. $300 for a 2V is good. Remember, Ducs are powerful and even reliable, but they are not durable. You can beat up on a Honda or a BMW and it will still carry you across the desert. Neglect the Duc and you will be lucky to get across town. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Don't panic on the 6k number. Don't deliberately neglect it, but if it takes a while to get an appointment, that doesn't mean you have to park it.

I use BCM. They have a big backlog. So when I called, I couldn't get in for a month. They told me not to sweat it. Believe me, if they're not uptight about it, I'm not either.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks - I was reading the manual, since they have everything in kilometers mainly, the 6k maint. check is actually at 6,214 since Ducati calls it a 10k km checkup. So I figured I'd have at least that much, but that is good to know. Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts