Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a list posted somewhere or does someone know what is supposed to be done? I think things may have been missed! I'm concerned.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
When I took my M900 in for its 600 mile service, the dealer had a checklist and went down the list with me to explain what was done and go over any issues (there weren't any). Unfortunately the owner of that shop retired a few years ago and the shop that bought him out is the other type where you can't be sure what was done to the bike.

This doesn't help you find the checklist, but should give you a hint of how the good dealers handle service.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
the link no work, but it's in the owners manual.

basically check everything but valve adjustments. Compression, oil pressure, bolt tightness, cable adustments, throtle body sync,

Check your manual, you should have an owners manual that you received with the bike.

I did my own, including compression and oil pressure. My bike has plenty of oil pressure, that's for sure.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I'm having my 600 mile service done as we speak. Should be ready in a few hours. I'll let you know what was done when I pick it up later. What do you think was missed on your service?

·
Registered
724 Posts
on the used one i picked up, it was like 200 bucks, and the only things listed is an oil filter, oil, and labor (which was like 150 bones or something)...

they also swapped out the speedo bc the needle was defunct or something...

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
my used to be dealer,told me they do an oil change and some checking(chaine tension and various bolts)it takes 3.5hours and 450.00$,that's when i hung-up the phone.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Well my original suspicion about a shotty job was over the actual charge of $180 versus the $325 they told me on the phone...weeks before I got my service done. Not that I minded the saved cash but I was concerned after the tech topped off the oil after stating that it looked low...while it was on the side stand. I mentioned that you need to check it while the bike is up and he didnt seem to take that info very well. As it sits now upright my oil level is at the top if not a bit more of the window...and no where near between the hash marks. does this matter...I dont know...

Also after calls to a coulpe of other dealers I learned of the chain lube and cleaning which is to be done.... My dealer said they did it but it looks the same to me... Unfortunatly Im new to this and have a difficult time. But at least Im able to get info here. :)

The final piece of the evidence I have is the still blinking "Maint" light that the tech said he didnt know how to reset and I should come back on Saturday when the "head ducati tech" will be in.... GREAT! So just who was this guy working on my bike?!?

I should have gone to Spectrum like I was going to....but the Brea Ducati is 5 minutes from my house so I thought Id give them a try...

To note. After I called Brea to complain/check about missed or bypassed checks in my 600 service due to the cheap price....they stated that, "After you left we realized we didnt charge you for the full amount..but yes for sure everything was done."

Lesson learned I guess

Anyone know if you have to have the dealer reset the "maint" blinking light?

Thanks!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts