Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer i went to wants $5,027 out the door for a 2002 620 Dark with 2K miles. The bike is visibly unflawed. Is this a good deal or should i wait. I want a Ducati real bad.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
the blue book on that bike is almost 5k retail, so if he is including tax, it is a good deal. Keep in mind, that you can almost certainly get a better deal if you are willing to hold out for a private party deal.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Single or dual disk? I've heard of 03's going for 5,500 brand new (I paid a little more)...taxes?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Single disk, that price does include taxes...the closest dealer besides this one is 3 hours away. Damn Indiana.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want to vomit!!!!!

I paid a tad over 7 for mine.... :eek: :( :mad: :D ;)

Then again it's an '03 with zero miles and dual disc...soooo
Either way I say go for it, Cuz if ya want it, Ya WANT IT right!!!

I don't care if I spent too much or not Cuz I love that bike!!!!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
i haven't been there in a while, but i seem to remember the duc store in STL letting their prev. year 620's go for around 5600 new.

Sounds to me like it's not such a great deal, but if you can get them to cover the tax, and give you free 6k and 12k, that's be, like, a great deal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try work them down on the price. I got a 2002 750 Dark with 960 miles for $5000.00. Mine was also visibly unflawed and mine has both discs in front.

It sounds a little pricy for a 02 with that many miles. If they won't bring down the price ask for gear or accessaries for the bike. That comes out of another part of their pricing so they can often do that.

Good luck,

Tom.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wouldn't take it AMS in Texas had an 02 brand new and they were willing to ship to my house for free for $5000 plus taxes... I would check them out and see if they still have it. It was an 02 620 dark with single disk.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
You can do much better. For that scratch, you can get a slightly used 800 of recent vintage. It is a buyers market!

Rideon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We paid 5K for my wifes 02' 620 dark, right before Christmas. I figure we could have done better, but after all the shipping, and not really knowing what you get untill it arives...we opted to spend a little extra and get a bike we knew had been taken care of, and was in excellent shape. ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts