Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just order a couple of items from these guys and wondered if anyone has input - good or bad - regarding this company? The "customer service" ::) lady I spoke to seemed disattached and "bothered" by my call. I was directed to order online vs. calling (WTF, I like ordering from an actual person) - and so I hung up and did just that. Crappy, unhappy lady on the otherside. But that doesn't always mean the rest of the experience will be bad.

So, tell me (crossed fingers), are these guys OK to deal with? Feedback...? Thanks!

http://store.58cycle.com/

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I must have spoke to the same person a while back, she couldn't care less that I wanted to spend $ with them.  I was told to do "the website thing" as well.  Decided not to place the order.

Now, don't get me wrong...I'm NOT saying the whole company is bad because of one person.  But, they should really re-think how phone calls are handled. Bad 1st impressions are very hard to overcome.

Good luck!  [thumbsup]

>>Just saw that 58 cycle sells on ebay, and here's their feedback.......

http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=58cycle

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
i should be recieving my order from them today
i did everything online, so i have no opinion on the customer service

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MrFry said:
i should be recieving my order from them today
i did everything online, so i have no opinion on the customer service
Cool - keep us posted! [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I have had a couple of the other popular vendors say similar things on the phone. I guess that its easier for them if you order online, but I prefer to order by phone as well.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
I've ordered from them online. No problems. I did stop by once. If you think they're unfriendly on the phone, try meeting them in person!! [laugh] [laugh]

·
Registered
8,324 Posts

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
if by cheesy, you mean 'were they making a connection' ?
yes i did

their website doesn't say it works with my bike... but it's just a tail light!?!?
why wouldn't it?

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
MrFry said:
if buy cheesy, you mean 'were they making a connection'
yes i did

their website doesn't say it works with my bike... but it's just a tail light!?!?
why wouldn't it?
It should. Your bike uses an 1157 bulb and according to the link that's what it replaces. Is your light working with the standard bulb?

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
yup, works fine with a standard bulb

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
I had those bulbs on both of my bikes. The contacts are offset. Are you sure that you have it inserted correctly?

BTW I got a lot of comments from cagers on those taillights: "Those lights are cool! I noticed you a block away."

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
pompetta said:
I had those bulbs on both of my bikes. The contacts are offset. Are you sure that you have it inserted correctly?

BTW I got a lot of comments from cagers on those taillights: "Those lights are cool! I noticed you a block away."
pretty damn sure
i inserted it just like the stock tail light bulb

do i have my socket hooked up correctly?
<-- looking towards rear of bike (at the socket)

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
**update**

after sending 58 cycle an email about my problem.. a while later i got an email back asking what type of bike and my order number

i responded to that immediately, and havnt' heard back

we shall see how this goes

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
**UPDATE** after a few days, i got an email back saying they could refund my money without having me send the product back.

wish it went a little quicker, but eh - i'm happy

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
napa has rotating LED 1157 bulbs?

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
MrFry said:
pretty damn sure
i inserted it just like the stock tail light bulb

do i have my socket hooked up correctly?
<-- looking towards rear of bike (at the socket)
No. Switch the black and red/white.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
ducpainter said:
No. Switch the black and red/white.
ok, just tried that

the bulb goes into 'flash mode' non-stop
doesn't change when the brakes are pressed

the normal bulb works fine

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Don't know if you can damage an led by feeding voltage to the ground. I guess it's still no good. :-\

1 - 20 of 23 Posts