Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I looked at the sprocket and it is in fact 46 tooth. What do you think I need to drop down to so I can do wheelies better. I have tried repeatedly to lift the front end up( without the clutch) and it just wont come up. I get way back in the saddle roll up to 5 grand and try to pull it up but she just wont do it captain..she doesnt have the power. Yeah sure I can pop it up with the clutch, but I want a real wheelie machine. 8)

R

·
0 Posts
Korda ask Nitro he just went up I don't know how much???
Think he had to buy a longer chain also??
I myself went up too much first time for me and settled
on two teeth up from 39 in the rear....can easily wheelie in first....
no engineer either tony, and since you are at 46 stock don't if two up is enough considering different sprocket ratios.
But more than two was wheelie heaven and not so fun going fast....personal preference.

R

·
0 Posts
yeah and ifin you cut your tail, it'll make your front end so heavy
that you'll need a 76 tooth sprocket in da rear. :p

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
acceleration is what I am after. I really dont have much need to go over 100 anyways. I was also tossing around the idea of going to a SSS. I have a feeling that could end up being pretty spendy. But it looks sweet. 8)

·
Registered
223 Posts
i went up two teeth from the stock 41 sprocket. and yes, unfortunately i had to get a new chain. total cost for the mod was $250.

the mod eliminated the lugging at low speeds and the bike feels much better in 1st and 2nd now.

R

·
0 Posts
they also put on a new chain....it looks like from Nitro's
post.....don't know what kind a chain or cost, but sprocket, cutting the chain, and riveting, adjust, test ride, lube, a little over an hour doesn't sound incorrect to me.

But I do agree that one of things as a group here and as I have posted before I have stands and tools, I have some skills, and John for sure has more skills and tools..it is one reason to have a group, to help out, but then again maybe you guys don't trust someone who thinks bob was once the Emperor of Roman Empire.....you don't do you....
:p

1 - 20 of 33 Posts