Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmm- picked up my 44Tooth rear sprocket today and fitted it-vast improvement, whereas it would lift the front in first off the throttle under normal acceleration, it now does similar in second as well-still think it`s slightly overgeared so the 14T i allready have might find a new home tomorrow, what d`you reckon??

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Go for it!!
A 14/44 will give you 135mph @ 9,000 should be enough to see off most on the twisty bits. But that also depends on how much you value your licence ;D

I'd be interested to know how your chain clearance is with this combination.

I ordered the 44T and will have it fitted at the 600 service.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They lost my 44tooth sprocket in a box in liverpool, they tried to re-order it but the reply came back-no stock,then the missing box turned up, looks like i might of had the last one..........-sorry about that!!-thanks for the gearing input

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hmmm- picked up my 44Tooth rear sprocket today and fitted it-vast improvement, whereas it would lift the front in first off the throttle under normal acceleration, it now does similar in second as well-still think it`s slightly overgeared so the 14T i allready have might find a new home tomorrow, what d`you reckon??
Mike,

Was the stock chain long enough for the 44T/15T. I am going to regear and needed to know if there is enough adjustment in the stock length chain.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah-straight on no problems at all, not even at the end of the adjustment,probably take a few more!!

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Wouldn't a larger rear sprocket shorten the chain adjustment and a smaller front sprocket make it longer?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wouldn't a larger rear sprocket shorten the chain adjustment and a smaller front sprocket make it longer?
yep-sorry-misunderstanding here, i meant there is still more adjustment to make the chain shorter,ie it is still nowhere near it`s `minimum` adjustment,so you may get away with a 45 or even 46 tooth rear

·
Registered
158 Posts
What make of sprocket are you running? Is it hard anodized aluminum?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What make of sprocket are you running? Is it hard anodized aluminum?
Straight out of the DP book,and yes it is hard anodised aluminium, apparantly the 916/996 adaptors will fit straight on, but it`s hard work trying to find a 44 tooth sprocket-yoyodyne list one in 525 width if DP are out of stock

R

·
0 Posts
So if you want to run a 44 tooth rear sprocket, do you have to go to a 525? Just wondering if I will be buying as chain and sprockets when I get around to this.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I do believe it is a 525 straight from the factory.

BTW, I'll be shipping your cans tomorrow, you should have them by Wednesday. Keep your eyes peeled for an Amsoil box.

R

·
0 Posts
I do believe it is a 525 straight from the factory.

BTW, I'll be shipping your cans tomorrow, you should have them by Wednesday. Keep your eyes peeled for an Amsoil box.
Woooo hahahahahahahahh!!!!!!! Its in the 60's here. All my friends are out riding. I am sitting here with my wife. Its our anniversary. But if the bike was running, I would be out and meeet her for dinner someplace.

·
Registered
158 Posts
We'll it was cold and windy here in MA. I wasn't even tempted to ride...... I must be getting old......

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well, I did it. I ordered a STM quick change carrier, a 44T 520 STM sprocket and a DP 15T 520 along with a new DID ERV2 520 chain. I really have the sickness, DP wanted over $200 :mad: for their 44T so I decided to just go with the whole 520 set-up.

Jeff

·
Registered
413 Posts
Cool Finnster--- I'll be waiting for your "report" . This board is really a support group for mod sickness, eh ? ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts