Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved my 41mm carbs for my 96' 900m. My question is can I use foam filters on the velocity stacks, or do I need to reinstall my airbox for carbs to work properly? Any assistance would be great.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Some people use the original airbox & some go with individual pods. I, personally use individual foam pods & find that they work quite well. Any filter system change will probably require you to jet to match.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I just installed a set of 41's on my 95 900m (from CA Cycles), used the std airbox & adaptors, cut the top of the airbox completely off & it Hauls A$$!!!!

A helpfull hint. Get yourself a Windscreen Moulding tool (it looks like a Philip's screwdriver but sharpened to a blunt point & sort of hooks over at the end) Fitting the Rubber Adaptors back into the airbox with this is a breeze!!

Hope you get the same result, the bike not only goes heaps harder, it starts & idles easier, runs smoother at low RPM (instead of jusmping all over the place & having to slip the clutch), Also changing down & the general feel is just sooooo much better.

i Love EM!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks guys, I just put the uni foam filters on just to see how it worked and it fired right up, and reved really nicely. I have to replace some fuel line (unrelated problem) before I can take it for a spin, hopefully I won't encounter any problems. It sound like even more of a beast than it was. ;D ;D ;D ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts