Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody own one? Likes, Dislikes

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
Re: 4 Door Jeep Wrangler

kopfjager said:
i think they look a lot better than the unlimiteds from last year. i do like the new styling.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts

I've got an '05 (2 door obviously) and I'd love to have black 4 door hardtop. Looks awesome.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts

i'm planning on test driving one. i like them. i'm not sure when i'll be able to purchase though...soon i hope

gotta have the hard top!

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts

The only thing I dont like is Jeep did away with the I6 4.0 :'( . They put in a V6 in its place. The I6 was awesome, and bullet proof.

·
Registered
401 Posts

lwszabo said:
The only thing I dont like is Jeep did away with the I6 4.0 :'( . They put in a V6 in its place. The I6 was awesome, and bullet proof.

This is true. I have well over 100 grand on my wrangler and it runs perfect.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

I have an 05 Unlimited. Which I'm really happy with. The new ones just look funny to me. To me they look like a Jeep Liberty, H3, and a Honda Element got put in a blender. That is just my opinion so its not worth much. They look almost to civilized to be a Wrangler. I do like that they come with 32" tires stock. I was next to one in traffic the other day, they seem much bigger than my TJ.

I wouldn't trade my TJ for one if that means anything.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts

B-Rock said:
Bleh. :-X
Long wheelbase? Four doors? Get a Cherokee or something instead. Plus it's ugly to boot in my eyes at least. The styling doesn't lend itself to four doors.
the JKL looks a lot better with four doors than the unlimited does with two.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Back to my original question, Does anybody own one? I'm not interested if you like them or not. :mad:

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts

kopfjager said:
Back to my original question, Does anybody own one? I'm not interested if you like them or not. :mad:
mebbe you shoulda phrased your initial post a little better:

kopfjager said:
it doesn't necessarily appear that you only wanted the opinions of owners.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts

kopfjager said:
Wow brother take it easy we were just tring to help. O and so I answer your question, Yes someone owns one somewhere. seriousoly chill out :'(

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for your help ::)

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
The 4 door doesn´t look too bad to me, but I prefer the look of my LWB Classic Range Rover.

Now I´d defo sell my RR for a Rubicon with big mud pluggers and a body lift kit.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I test one for a nice long test drive. If you're looking for long tem impressions, you won't get any from anyone here. They just haven't been out that long. So, the brief impressions I had were:

2007 Wrangler Unlimited 4x4, manual, with removeable hard top

+ Lots of interior room. Could easily carry 4 full adults comfortably like any other SUV. I even sat in the back for a bit. I'm 6'2" and didn't feel cramped at all.
+ I tested a hard top with the removeable panels. The panels worked as designed and did a good job of varrying the amount of open top I wanted. Fully sealed up, noise was better than previous gen's hard tops.
+ The off-road ability is a cross between a standard Wrangler and a Grand Cherokee. I didn't get a lot of time, but I did get to tinker around a bit. I'm sure it'd handle anything you threw at it in a daily basis and has plenty left over for off road use.

- I prefer the I6 of the last gen to the new V6. The I6 was torquey beyond belief and that helped it do "jeep things" in all gears and what it's supposed to do. The V6 requires more RPMs to get it to the same thing. And, for anyone who's been trailing, you don't want a lot of RPMs for a lot of what Jeeps were designed for.
- I really dislike the new front end. They put too much of an angle on it and it's almost rounded-wedge like.
- The rear end looks a lot like a H3 wannabe.
- Terrible mark up ($$$) as the "new 4dr Jeep." I went to 3 dealerships and none were willing to drop their mark up. I'm sure if I would have been a little pushier, I probably could have gotten it down some. But, I wasn't really looking to buy at the moment.
- The price. After including the $1500 dual top and the power convenience group (if I'm gonna get 4 doors, I'm gonna get power windows and doors), the Rubicon (the only one I want) tops $31K before mark up. That's a lot of moola for a Jeep.

Overall, nice vehicle if you want a Jeep. But, require 4 doors. All of the cosmetic issues I have are the same for the entire 2007 line. Looks like they've borrowed too much for the standard Japan model and are getting away from the classic jeep look. For the die hard "jeep enthusiast" who says a 4 door jeep is blasphemy, they said the same things about the last Unlimited. And they said the same thing when the CJ-7 came out to replace the CJ-5. Personally, I like the idea of a 4dr Jeep. I just think Jeep screwed up this design.

So, no, I don't own one. But, if you just restricted this entire thread to those that own one, you'd prolly only get 1 or two responses, if that. I hope this at least helps a bit. Have you test drove one? If you really want a broader sample base, try this Jeep Forum. I'm sure there are a bunch of owners there.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
slowpoke13 said:
So, no, I don't own one. But, if you just restricted this entire thread to those that own one, you'd prolly only get 1 or two responses, if that. I hope this at least helps a bit. Have you test drove one? If you really want a broader sample base, try this Jeep Forum. I'm sure there are a bunch of owners there.
yup, they even have a dedicated JK forum:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks slowpoke [thumbsup]

1 - 20 of 71 Posts