Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was a great ride today. The cast was as follows Me, Ppoitras, Troyslap, and Zaen. We met Zaen in Hemet by taking the 79-371-74 route and kinda got warmed up. From there we did the route back up the 74 to Idylwild and had spme lunch. From there it was on down the road toward Banning. Didnt go all the way down to Banning as it would have sucked following a school bus down the hill. So we turned around and went back to Idylwild. There we (Patrick, Troy and I) split up with Zaen. We were going to do the reverse route back to Temecula. Well the first little incident happened as we got a few turns on to the 74 going away from Mountain Center. A fairly large group of Sportbikes came flying by at approx Warp 3, which was fine untill one of them blew the corner and ended up looking at the hood of a Prelude that was just ahead of us. If he missed the car by a foot, hes lucky altough I was pissed at this pont. Anyways back to the ride, we get onto the 371 headed south and I start to notice some smoke in the distance. I figgered no biggie. Untill we got about 10 miles or so out of Anza when traffic came to a complete stop

G

·
Re: 4/25 It was the best of riding and it was the

Dirt trackin on a Ducati.Not fun at all.25 to 30 mph for ten miles.We were all comically dusty by the time we finished.Then I caught a bee in the neck. I think my favorite part was the tour of the town of Hemet. Lost as hell and a group of people following us, hoping we can show them the way to the highway. Good times man, good times.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts

Ppoitras said "I do know a more interesting way! Bring the 748! I'm not sure of drive time to Hemet."

·
Registered
8,800 Posts

Didn't anybody tell you guys that the really fast riders are the ones that learned in the dirt? ;D
Sounds like you guys hogged more than your fair share of the fun.
Maybe we can have a little less fun this coming weekend? :-/

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts

I had fun in the dirt, but I believe I am alone on that one. I deem it the Perris/Ducar Rally!!! ;D ;D ;D

The best part was the A**hole who came marching up to the front of everyone asking "Is the road officially closed or technically closed?" Well, fire engines all around, Helicopters and planes flying overhead making water drops, and the road and horizon obscured with smoke. Take your pick, Senor (I think I am) Importante.

G

·

what the?!?! and i thought I had the tough 2 hour (with traffic and heat) drive home!!

Glad to hear you are all safe.
Thanks for letting me ride along.
I had fun.

·
Registered
849 Posts

Sounds like good times were had ;D John, I like your hair - what's left of it.

Cool pics.

-R.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts

Troy,

That's a great website where you have your pics posted.

·
Registered
849 Posts

I give it a few years Ryan and you shall be close in my footsteps ;D Kharmas a bitch ;)
Haha - that's not how I meant it. Well, not exactly, anyway
;D My ancestors were all blessed with full dos up into their old age so I don't know how kharma's gonna handle that one... but maybe it already has, seeing as to how I'm completely bald around the jaw and chin areas - no facial hair whatsoever :eek:

-R.

G

·

Ryan, I see you with the full on Fidel Castro beard and stache. I hear there is a place in hollywood who can hook you up.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts

You guys are too funny.:D

HEY HEY WAITAMINIT ! ! ! Patrick, are those 'THE' new leathers that we can't hardly see in any of the pics?

Sorry to hear about the shaving acccident, Ryan... ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts

No whiskers?

In the Georgia hills that would be a purty mouth.

G

·

Thank you very much. 8)Best Elvis I can do online. :-/ Hotter than hell. I think John mentioned that. Comfort level when riding is way better now.Troy, you're starting to creep me out with all the Deliverence stuff. You gonna ask me to squeal like a pig now?

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts

Naw, even those new duds didn't do it for me.

You know the pics make yesterday look pretty intense and frightening, it was more like a roadside event being there. I had just returned a Sony camera I bought cuz the pics sucked, and bought this. I will keep it, awesome quality.

·
Registered
445 Posts

Arggghh, the things you miss sometimes! A good adventurous ride fellas. How many of you guys asked Troy "Hey, wanna swap bikes for awhile?"

That would have been a good one for the Leather Enema. ;)

One thing: in unfamiliar terrority a map is good. Considering you guys a GPS probably wouldn't be overkill. :-*

1 - 19 of 19 Posts