Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for some info on what size flat slides I should put on my m900. It will be mainly used as a track bike but also street worthy. I have heard the 41's are a bit of a pain on the streets any truth to that? Also is there much bhp gain with the 41's. Any info would be a great help. Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
either would be fine... you probably won't get much hp increases if that's what you're expecting. they'll mainly just make a quicker throttle response because they don't depend on vacuum to operate. they dump a lot of fuel though so if you've got open airbox and pipes you'll see some gains there.

i have 41's on my 900... they were only a pain in the ass during cold weather starts since you lose the choke. other than that i don't see why they'd be bad for the street. the dyna coils were a nice addition to the fcr's. the bike started easier and smoothed out throttle response quite a bit. now the thing starts better than it did stock.

not really sure there's a significant difference between the 39 and 41... but either is better than the stock cv mikuni's.

just be sure to dump the gas in the float bowls before wintering the bike. if you don't the gas will seperate and eventually evaporate off leaving lots of nasty gunk to clog 'em up. the stock carbs have drain tubes but the fcr's have a 14mm cap bolt to access the bowls.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
I have heard it depends on what other engine mods you are doing.
the 39's work well with hi-comps, headwork, cams, etc.
if you're going full-boogie with a 944 kit and big mods, go for 41's.

(btw, i moved your post for ya ;))

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I have 2 bikes with 41s. They both run great on the street, the ignition upgrade is a good idea, starting in the winter can be a real challenge. 39s work fine (no personal experience), but resale on them is much worse than the 41s.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Starting proc for 41's - pump throttle 4 times, open a crack and crank. seems to work for me so far. If it dies pump twice and repeat.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey hey, thanks for the input I will go for the 41's. Yee Haw can't wait.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
can't go wrong with the 41s. and who the h e l l lied to you saying they were a pain on the street? i doubt one could tell the difference between 39s and 41s until you start allowing high rpm fun with header, head work, valves, etc.

before selling the two year old fcr41s that were on my 900ss, i put them on zina's 900ss/cr. her bike had slipons and an open air box. the carbs were set to the "baseline" that i use. it was stunning. smooth running and 4th gear handily pulled to 120mph... while we were TWO UP!

;D chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts