Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, I have 30+ years of motorcycle magazines (Cycle, Cycle World, Motorcyclist, Cycle Guide, Rider, Classic Bike + a few odds and ends) from the early 1960's through 2000 (when I stopped saving them) in plastic containers, two or three years of magazines to each container, 54 containers full, loaded into the back of my pick-up truck (covered, of course.)

They will go to the recycling container at the Fairfax County Citizen's Solid Waste Transfer Station on West Ox Road in Fairfax unless someone is willing to take them off my hands, AND ... this is important... make them available to all CAM members on a loan-out/return basis.

They are worth several thousand dollars on eBay, but I am totally eBay burnt-out right now, and don't have the stomach to auction them off one at a time (and to tell the truth, at this point in my life my time is worth more than the money) but , for personal reasons, they MUST not come back to my house.

I need a volunteer. I will deliver the magazines to your house/apartment/condo/storage unit/whatever, I will help you a you help me unload them from my truck and store (they are very stackable, up to nine high, so the footprint is not all that large) them at your location.

This needs to happen, obviously, right away. By this Sunday at the latest, or they simply must go to the recyclers.

I was just gonna dump 'em, but couldn't bring myself to do it without at least first checking to see if there might be a good home for them.

PM me if you are interested. If there is more than one person who would like to have this library of motorcycle data, the first one who responds will get priority. If folks want to divide them up, that's fine with me, too, as long as they are made available to club members for perusal, research, copying, statistic gathering, whatever.

Oh, and if you want me to drive to Baltimore or something like that to deliver them for free, an offer of lunch would be much appreciated, if it's not too forward of me to suggest.

P.S. Saturday is out cause I'll be in Charlottesville for some stinkin' college football game. A BUSINESS meeting, if you can freaking believe that.

Tim

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, that's really cool. I hope someone from CAM ends up with them. If Dragsterhund falls through, and no one else wants them... I may be able to ebay them for you. I wouldn't be able to take them permanently though, so I can't be the CAM library.

Anyway let me know if no one gets them. I'd hate to see them end up trashed or recycled.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That's an awesome collection, and I'm addicted to motorcycle magazines. Sounds like Dragsterhund has first dibs. I would like only a few years worth- mid 70's. I just love the old naked cbs and kzs. If it works out that I could get my hands on the mid 70's mags, I can meet you in Balt. or nearby. Anyway, I'll PM you.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Lucky, take 'em all. I just didn't want to see them get thrown away.

·
Registered
59 Posts
yeah, it'd be a sin to throw them away. Unfortunately I can't store them all, just like 2 or 3 bins full. Did you get my PM Old Ducker about meeting on Sun. near Baltimore? PM me.

Luke

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.