Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see this posted anywhere on here, so sorry if its a re-post...

This is taken from the Toronoto Sun

12/13/06
By JONATHAN JENKINS, TORONTO SUN

Ducati motorcycles are supposed to be hot and fast -- but not this hot and fast.

Peel cops say a tractor-trailer load of the high-end bikes moved so quickly it vanished before ever reaching a dealer's lot.

"It's very tough to do," Det.-Const. Mike Plante said yesterday of trying to track such stolen truckloads -- about 100 to 140 go missing in the Peel region each year.

The 30 bikes are worth at least $300,000 to the dealer and much more on the retail market.

The bikes were packed with a Whirlpool spa and three skids of toys heading to a discount store in the shipment that went missing around 4:15 a.m. Friday from Steeles Ave. and Rutherford Rd.

Anyone who knows of Ducati bikes being sold cheap should call police at 905-453-2121, ext. 3314 or 3316, or CrimeStoppers.

keep your eyes peeled, you may find a cheap one.

G

·
Updated information from another list . . . .

On December 18th in Rexdale, Ontario, Canada, police recovered a truckload of stolen Ducati motorcycles and arrested the individuals responsible for its theft. The truckload of 30 Ducati motorcycles, with a retail value of over $400,000 dollars, were stolen in Brampton, Ontario only a few days earlier. The Ducatis were on the way from the United States and were bound for dealers across Canada. In a twist of fate 2006 Factory Ducati Thunder rider Derek Vammus, who is also a Police Detective in Brampton, was involved in the investigation and recovery. Much of the load was made up of 2007 Sport Classics similar to the one Vammus rode this past season in national competition.

Derek Vammus
Pro #44
Parts Canada Superbike Championship
Brampton, Ontario, Canada

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
I really like it when the good guys win.

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
So according to the two articles the bikes were worth $300,000 cost and $400,000 retail. So the dealers are making 33% profit. Now you know how much bargaining room you have when you negotiate for you next bike.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Milarepa said:
Updated information from another list . . . .

On December 18th in Rexdale, Ontario, Canada, police recovered a truckload of stolen Ducati motorcycles and arrested the individuals responsible for its theft. The truckload of 30 Ducati motorcycles, with a retail value of over $400,000 dollars, were stolen in Brampton, Ontario only a few days earlier. The Ducatis were on the way from the United States and were bound for dealers across Canada. In a twist of fate 2006 Factory Ducati Thunder rider Derek Vammus, who is also a Police Detective in Brampton, was involved in the investigation and recovery. Much of the load was made up of 2007 Sport Classics similar to the one Vammus rode this past season in national competition.

Derek Vammus
Pro #44
Parts Canada Superbike Championship
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
He must be a real badass if he rode a Sport Classic to a SBK Championship. ::)

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
silentbob said:
So according to the two articles the bikes were worth $300,000 cost and $400,000 retail. So the dealers are making 33% profit. Now you know how much bargaining room you have when you negotiate for you next bike.
[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
oh yeah, and the red one is mine. ;D

and if they don't buy that, give the thieves my phone number, i'm looking for a cheap Monster. ;D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts