Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to buy exhaust in a few weeks and I would like to get the high pipes. My girlfriend loves to ride with me so I wanted to know if the high pipes would be a good idea..... to hot, ect... As most would agree, the cargo is more important than the cans. ;D

Thanks for your advice,
murry

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
You can do the high pipes and ride 2 up, although there is the factor of heat and your passenger needs to be aware of the pipes at all times.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
I got CF high mounts. They dont get how and have an additional heat shield. Just had the old lady on it tonight and she was fine.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
All kinds of rif raf have ridden on the back of Termi high piped monster and no burns. The wedgie issue is of more concern. Motorcycling, like golf, requires more than one utensil. Time to get a ST4! :D

Regards,
Rideon

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone,

That's what I needed to hear. Now the toughest decision, which ones to buy.

Thanks,
murry

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got Leo Vinci CF High mounts. The boss says they keep her feet warm in the winter and are not to hot in the summer.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
I have the Arrow carbon high-mounts. The carbon fiber shells of the cans don't conduct heat very well, so they won't burn you if you touch them. I've taken passengers with no complaints.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have the leo vince CF hi mounts also. no heat complaits at all from my passengers.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all of the replies.

Valileo,

How do the loe vince pipes look with the fender eliminator kit?
I just ordered the pro italia kit and as you already know, I'm planning to get pipes soon.

Thanks,
murry

·
Registered
216 Posts
I believe the CF's stay cooler (get less hot) than the Alum ones. I have the alum leo's & they dont get very hot. At least not hot enough to burn.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think the fender kit looks awesome. slims down the rear end a lot! scariest thing (i think everyone would agree) is cutting of the rear frame. once that is done though, everything else is a piece of cake.

let me know if u need any help installing ur kit, cuz the directions/kit isnt as intuitive as one would think. or maybe im just slow. :) i can send u my photo documentary of the install. message me your email addr and i can send the photos.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Valileo,

Yeah that would be a great help to me and I would like to see the finished product too.
If you click on the small envelope just above my posts counter my address should pop up.

thanks again,
murry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts