Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last year some of you came along for a last ride at the end of October. I can't remember who, but someone dubbed it the "Monstermash" because it was so close to Halloween. Either that or because I was the one who put it together.

Anyway, I was inspired by todays ride with DucHockey (& Steve/GF), Caboteria, Googles, Batman, and the Don, that I figured I would try and do it again this year. [thumbsup]

I am thinking the 29th of October. It's the last Sunday of the month.

That gives everyone 2 weeks to plan. And that means you Toucan, I'm not accepting the dead battery excuse this time! ::) [laugh]

Who's in???

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Toucan said:
I'm in...... The battery is on a trickle charger as I write this.
Too bad you missed yesterdays ride. We had a great time. I have an awsome route planned for this ride though.
By the way, I gave your 749 demo ride to DucHockey [cheeky]

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
I would like to attend. New to this list; only met a couple of you at Motomarket so far. Thanks all, for the cold tire warning thread.

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mojo695 said:
I would like to attend. New to this list; only met a couple of you at Motomarket so far. Thanks all, for the cold tire warning thread.
Welcome! And I hope you make it to the ride.

Don't worry, the initiation isn't as bad as they say. It's my turn to bring the lube, and I think it's Toucan's turn to bring the Duct tape. [laugh]

·
Registered
101 Posts
Any chance you could towards the western part of the state and pick up a few of us. It sounds like a good ride. Maybe we could meet part way. That is if you want to ride with an old man and Revv. [cheeky]

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
I *should* be able to make this. I gotta look into some gloves and some boots. My hands still hurt from being cold on Sunday.

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Revv said:
Any chance you could towards the western part of the state and pick up a few of us. It sounds like a good ride. Maybe we could meet part way.
We will most likley be in the western part of the state but only to pick up Rt 202 and then head back east.

Revv said:
That is if you want to ride with an old man and Revv. [cheeky]
Wait, aren't they one in the same? [laugh] Just kidding Revv.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'm in.

btw, Tom's bike is awesome.

If it wasn't for that guy on the BMW telling us to slow down around that turn, I surely would have christened it with a ticket. :police:

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Monstermash said:
Nice! Now thats what I call improvising.
Meh, I'da brought the belt sander and the acetylene torch... Slackers. (Although I can concur that Tom's bike is ****in nuts. Passed me on the highway doing 90ish like I was pushing the bike...)

Seriously though, what time does the ride start?

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm thinking sometime around 10 am like this last ride. It's too cold early in the morning. I'll post up some exact times ect. when we get closer to the 29th.

Goggles Pizano said:
(Although I can concur that Tom's bike is ****in nuts. Passed me on the highway doing 90ish like I was pushing the bike...)
I was only doing 90ish? Wow I must be slowing down in my old age. ::)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Slowing down is sign of old age. I thought you where getting older >:D. Where is rt. 202? Maybe I could meet up with you guys and at least get to meet some DMLers, and ride alittle. Yes, you young whipper-snapper, I am one in the same. Is there room in your club for this old man Revv? Even old Revvs need to have a little fun.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Revv said:
Slowing down is sign of old age. I thought you where getting older >:D. Where is rt. 202? Maybe I could meet up with you guys and at least get to meet some DMLers, and ride alittle. Yes, you young whipper-snapper, I am one in the same. Is there room in your club for this old man Revv? Even old Revvs need to have a little fun.
Don't believe that for a second Revv. We're like wine or whiskey. Get better, and faster, with age.

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Revv said:
Come on Revv. You know you're always welcome!

Rt. 202 is out closer to you. It goes around the Quabbin Reservoir. We could meet you at the intersection of Rt. 9 and Rt. 202. There is a Dunkin Donuts there where we usually stop for a rest.

ducpainter said:
Don't believe that for a second Revv. We're like wine or whiskey. Get better, and faster, with age.
And Nate, I hear you are anything but slow!

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
I try to keep up.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts