Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey SoCal Riders,

Anyone interested for a ride this weekend. Speeddog hope ur bike is fixed and ready to ride...Would u be interested in doing a ride this weekend? How about Mt.Palomar?
I am game for any other suggestions.

-Spaceman

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Good news is, my bike is fixed, leaky battery is replaced.

As far as a ride this weekend, I'm going to be baking in Tucson, Arizona this weekend.

Sorry, Palomar sounds good though. Maybe next weekend 8/2 or 8/3?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Speeddog. Glad to know ur bikes fixed...i think that frequent battery inspection was a good idea ...

so ur riding to Tucson!..thats cool.. I am up for the following weekend.

Ride Safe and enjoy.

-Spaceman.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Aren't you guys in the L.A. area? How long does it take to get to Palomar? Seems like a lot of freeway riding to get to the twisties, especially when ACH is so much closer.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
I may be up for a Saturday ride - would have to be early, though, as I've got something in the early afternoon.

Mark

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey mark,
great!...we can do it early too...i am in the LA area...and might take sometime to get there...i just know about this place but have no Map..can u post a link for the map?
how early do u want to meet? 8-9am?
-Spaceman.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Too bad Nick (speeddog) can't make it. Oh well, his glasspacks are too loud anyway, and he's got those ugly Cycle Cat bars :)

Depends on where in L.A. you're coming from. Either shoot across the 91 to the 15, then down to the 76 east, or take the 5 south to the 76 east. There's a Mobil or some such gas station on the Northwest "corner" of I-15 and Hwy 76 - that's probably the easiest meeting place. I'd like to meet at 9 a.m. - that way you don't have to leave before approx. 7 or so, which isn't *totally* hellish for a Saturday!

We can then make the run up the twisty side to Mother's, grab a drink and gawk at the bikes, run down the "fast" side, and I'll probably need to head back.

It's a hike, but you have some options for the return route - e.g., head up the 15 and take Ortega Hwy across to the 5 - that should help make up for the miles.

Hopefully we'll get some other folks - come on, you SoCal slackers!!!

Mark

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds good Mark_C.

i'll take the 5 south and 76E, ..i am not sure 15 is much faster because it looks like a long ride from 5 to 15 on 76, its a long trip to 15 on 10 , i live close to the Downtown area. :(
am confused....welll okay...5 south and 76E it is...ya..the mobil station would be a good point to meet.

I have a Joe Rocket jacket, and ride on a stock 620ie Red.
I have no plates too.

-Spaceman.

CALLING ALL OTHER SOCalers.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Spaceman - I've got a Dark, and my leathers are all black - should be easy-ish to spot. See you at the Mobil on Saturday!

Mark

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
You guys have fun!

Yeah, well, Mark, your Termis are too shiny and black, and you got some ugly rearsets from the same guys. And you've got that sleazy Ohlins shock too! pthhhhhpt....:p

Hopefully my buddy in Tucson will have a good ride set up. If I don't die from dehydration or get hit by lightning, it'll be good.

Hoping my Pirelli Dragon Evo's don't melt down to the cords on the ride back......

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
u 2 speeddog.

have fun..take plenty fluids and pictures and do post it.
-Spaceman.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Mark and Seteve SD Monsters,

It was a good ride with you on Saturday. Hopefully you'll come up to ACH one weekend.

Ride Safe,
-Spaceman

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Spaceman - thanks for making the trip down - it was good to put a face with a name!

SD/OC riders - let's plan an ACH trip in the not-too-distant future. I think it'll require coordination (e.g., maybe some SD folks staying overnight beforehand), but would be a lot of fun!

Mark

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Mark C. and Spaceman,

Sorry it took me so long to write about the palomar ride, had a nasty tooth problem and finally got a root canal today. My whole skull hurt. Now much better. Had a great ride with you guys and I am also up for Mark's suggestion for an ACH trip. I think staying overnight up there the day before is a good idea. Did you guys check out Kents web sight ( Palomarpics.net) ? Thought it was a great idea, he even got a shot of me on the way up the mountain. I'll deffinetly go back when he is photographing again.

Steve C.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hmmm, an ACH trip might not be a bad idea. I haven't been on that road in years. My dad lives in Sierra Madre so accomdations are not a problem for me.

We should probably start a new thread on this if more than one or two people get interested.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts