Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, new to the forum and the world of Ducati in general. I recently bought a 2022 Monster+, absolutely loving the bike so far. It's about due for its first service, I'm nearing 621 miles and I'll most likely need it done sometime early next week.

I called up my local Ducati dealer in my city, the only one that I'm aware of, and asked for post tax price for the service and was quoted $521. Honestly that price is absurd in my opinion, I'm used to doing my services myself as I don't like paying out the ass for something I can do on my own. However, I know that they give the bike digital updates when the servicing is being done and taking it out of the "break-in mode" as well. So my question is if it would be possible to do that myself and if so, what hardware/software do I need to do it on my own? If buying the hardware/software would be more expensive then I would probably just pay the dealer to do it.

If anyone has the info I'm looking for, I'd appreciate the tips.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey everyone, new to the forum and the world of Ducati in general. I recently bought a 2022 Monster+, absolutely loving the bike so far. It's about due for its first service, I'm nearing 621 miles and I'll most likely need it done sometime early next week.

I called up my local Ducati dealer in my city, the only one that I'm aware of, and asked for post tax price for the service and was quoted $521. Honestly that price is absurd in my opinion, I'm used to doing my services myself as I don't like paying out the ass for something I can do on my own. However, I know that they give the bike digital updates when the servicing is being done and taking it out of the "break-in mode" as well. So my question is if it would be possible to do that myself and if so, what hardware/software do I need to do it on my own? If buying the hardware/software would be more expensive then I would probably just pay the dealer to do it.

If anyone has the info I'm looking for, I'd appreciate the tips.

Thanks!
make sure the dealer isn’t doing some “flat rate” first service deal. Make sure they’re just charging you the hourly rate for the required Ducati service items + materials/oil.

my dealer wanted to do some flat rate thing they do for a lot of bikes and I told them that seemed steep too (there’s was a $499 thing) and to just do exactly what Ducati requires. Ended up being like $330 total.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
make sure the dealer isn’t doing some “flat rate” first service deal. Make sure they’re just charging you the hourly rate for the required Ducati service items + materials/oil.

my dealer wanted to do some flat rate thing they do for a lot of bikes and I told them that seemed steep too (there’s was a $499 thing) and to just do exactly what Ducati requires. Ended up being like $330 total.
Thanks for the advice my friend. I'll give them a call and ask for the same thing as you did.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had read somewhere that part of first service was a software update that included eliminating a slight power restriction imposed during the break in period.
Is this true? My counter/service person said it is not and that the only difference is the rev limit, early warning lights.
Does anyone know factually which is accurate?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have (mostly) and that’s a great point. I knew I wasn’t using all the available power as I was short shifting by (trying) to stay under 6000 rpm.
What I didn’t know was if there was also a software restriction during break in period.
I’ve never been happy to see a service light come on until yesterday. Under 4000 rpm my bike feels unhappy and the short window to 6000 was a tease.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I knew I wasn’t using all the available power as I was short shifting by (trying) to stay under 6000 rpm.
Right. You'll find the grunt really starts about 5500 but comes on hard about 6500. Depending on throttle position, you'll find it pulls remarkably hard through 9500. It's only rated at 111 hp but remember, torque is significant. It loves 7k and up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts