Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

What do you think?

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,939 Posts
Exactly. It's actually quite an accomplishment on the Monster's behalf. What else did Ducati make in 1993 that's still around? Supersport I guess? That's all I can think of. The Monster has managed to maintain it's position long enough to have multiple generations. Which in turn means more than one type of enthusiast and buyer. Which in my opinion, means dropping comparison to previous models and generations. Find what makes you happy and embrace it. Old or new, appreciate things for what they are and have to offer. Without lamenting over what they aren't, or used to be.
I'd say that everything that Ducati made in 1993 is still around.
They only had 3 bikes at the time -- Superbike (last year of the 888), SuperSport (900SS at the time) and the new M900 Monster. They make modern versions of all of those bikes, over several generations.

PhilB

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'd say that everything that Ducati made in 1993 is still around.
They only had 3 bikes at the time -- Superbike (last year of the 888), SuperSport (900SS at the time) and the new M900 Monster. They make modern versions of all of those bikes, over several generations.

PhilB
It was a sparse lineup back in those days. I guess there was always the original superbikes. However now they all wear the Panigale badge with a few rare exceptions. In my mind it's somewhat of a departure.

I remember walking up and down "Dealership row" in Colorado Springs around 1990. I would walk through the Ducati dealership occasionally. It was about the size of my living room. Maybe 4 to 5 bikes in stock at any given time. No such thing as a Monster yet, and I was too much into dirt bikes at the time to pay much attention. However I remember the red bodywork and white trellis frames vividly. A yellow one every so often. Then one day a Chromo appeared. I can't remember what it was, it was full bodywork, but it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen.

·
Super Moderator
3,939 Posts
It was a sparse lineup back in those days. I guess there was always the original superbikes. However now they all wear the Panigale badge with a few rare exceptions. In my mind it's somewhat of a departure.

I remember walking up and down "Dealership row" in Colorado Springs around 1990. I would walk through the Ducati dealership occasionally. It was about the size of my living room. Maybe 4 to 5 bikes in stock at any given time. No such thing as a Monster yet, and I was too much into dirt bikes at the time to pay much attention. However I remember the red bodywork and white trellis frames vividly. A yellow one every so often. Then one day a Chromo appeared. I can't remember what it was, it was full bodywork, but it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen.
Yes, it was sparse. They were almost dead. It was the Monster that saved them.

PhilB

·
Registered
19 Posts
I, for one Italian bike fan, am quite interested in testing and maybe buying the new Monster. When do they ship? I would trade out my MV Agusta Dragster RR (no Houston MV dealer).

61 - 64 of 64 Posts