Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
No idea on rate but I can measure the stock fork springs tonight. Probably the easiest fix is to buy the lower line matris shock and the matris spring kit. Would be fairly affordable and the stock forks are pretty good. Shock was definitely soft for me, but make sure to adjust the preload if you haven’t. Racingonelab has the fork springs and single adjustable matris shock both for under $700 together.
Is this the front you mean? Matris Set to modify the fork hydraulic MATRIS FRK for KAYABA fork with linear springs, pistons in rebound and compression and shims stack for DUCATI MONSTER 937 they have a bunch of shocks. Not sure what to look at though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You can give Race Tech a call and/or visit their website. I sent my 696 forks to them for the same reason you (flabby handling) have and I'm real happy with the results. I don't take the bike to the track but in the Pocono hills there is a noticeable improvement. Much less expensive than swapping out aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can give Race Tech a call and/or visit their website. I sent my 696 forks to them for the same reason you (flabby handling) have and I'm real happy with the results. I don't take the bike to the track but in the Pocono hills there is a noticeable improvement. Much less expensive than swapping out aftermarket parts.
Ya they're sort of near me and I've used em before. They said I could bring em in and they could set me up. Not having a price estimate kinda scare me though lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yeah I called them they don't have any information on our bikes. They don't have a direct drop in replacement but they do have a Spring that's close but it's 15 mm too long. You'll need to trim the preload spacer.. I'm just sending them out

21 - 27 of 27 Posts