Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
No idea on rate but I can measure the stock fork springs tonight. Probably the easiest fix is to buy the lower line matris shock and the matris spring kit. Would be fairly affordable and the stock forks are pretty good. Shock was definitely soft for me, but make sure to adjust the preload if you haven’t. Racingonelab has the fork springs and single adjustable matris shock both for under $700 together.

· Registered
84 Posts
Looks like 27mm inside 37mm outside and 300mm free length on the forks. I think springs are probably all the forks need. I really would look at a rear shock though, the damping is a little light for people over 200lbs. Thermosman is well regarded I’m sure he’ll sort you out.
Automotive tire Gauge Asphalt Camera lens Font

Attachments

· Registered
84 Posts
I’m only about 20 pounds less than that. First thing I did was max out the spring preload on the rear and that did tighten up the steering a little bit you could tell it was sagging too much before mine came in the second lowest position.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay so you want to know what Springs are OEM 62-65. Very light! To give you an example for the street mine come in at in the 90s.
You wouldn't happen to have the same information on the rear shock spring?

· Registered
20 Posts
No idea on rate but I can measure the stock fork springs tonight. Probably the easiest fix is to buy the lower line matris shock and the matris spring kit. Would be fairly affordable and the stock forks are pretty good. Shock was definitely soft for me, but make sure to adjust the preload if you haven’t. Racingonelab has the fork springs and single adjustable matris shock both for under $700 together.
Is that what you have on yours? I'm looking at different options and that seems cheaper than anything else. Wondering how it performs. I'm around 160lbs but used to sportbikes and this seems way soft.

· Registered
84 Posts
I did the Andreani cartridges with springs and the full adjustable ohlins. But the damping up front is more track appropriate than street. The rear is great but it needed no adjustment out of the box. So to me, it's not about adjustment, it's about getting the right springs and maybe a little less dive up front. The Andreani kit massively decreases dive on the brakes, but you give up some comfort on poor roads. If the Ohlins had come out sooner I'd have paid the extra because I suspect the valving is more of an all-around setting.

· Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for that. I do plan to track but mainly canyon riding now and overall is very unsettled in quick braking or transitions. I don't mind a harsher ride for the control. Ohlins supposedly is out everywhere of the nix 30 until spring so I'm looking at options

· Registered
84 Posts
I'm not saying the Andreani is un-rideable by any means. I've done some 300 mile weekend rides on it. But to get to the lovely smooth piney woods roads, I have to drive through an hour of Houston streets. Concrete freeways at 80+ mph are harsh. Everything outside of town is sublime.

And I actually put trackday brake pads on the front that made the brake feel and bite much better, but they made the dive even more obvious.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts