Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

2020 Monster 821 LED Replacement Headlight Bulbs?

13K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  821StealthMan 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows any good LED replacement bulbs for the 2020 Monster 821? I cant seem to find anything that would actually fit. The stock OEM are dim halogens that need to go. The OEM low beam is a 12v 55w single prong, and the high beam is a 12v 55w 2 prong... The bulbs are small in size. It doesn't look like the headlight housing could fit an LED that has the integrated fan or driver at the end of it... Has anyone found a good replacement option for this bike? Thanks!

#2 ·
your owners manual will list the bulb spec for your bike, my 2019 1200S is a H7 for low beam, H1 for high beam. i'm assuming the 1200/821 probably share the same headlight? from what i hear, the high beam doesn't have enough clearance for a LED driver, but the low beam typically does. i'm looking at the
https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/48-Platinum-H7-LED-Headlight-Bulb_p_86.html
but cyclops can't confirm that it will fit.

#5 ·
I just put the Sylvania LED H7 bulb in my M696. I think that bulb isn't much bigger than stock as it has the wires coming out the side and the connector plugs in away from the bulb to save room. It's the only "commercial" non-eBay H7 bulb that I know of too, and it's super bright. You have to buy the pair though for $99.

#6 ·
Would be great to find someone on here who's done it on the newer Monster. For these aftermarket LED's you need a wiring adapter because the low beam is single prong. I was able to find these on amazon but I wont know if it fits until I take the cover off this weekend. Its either that or Motodemic, but I actually prefer the look of the stock headlights.

#8 · (Edited)
@Pilot048 thanks for the recommendation, installed the Sylvania H7 LED bulb in my 2019 Monster 1200S and it was a super easy procedure. the LED bulb fit with no issues with plenty of room to tuck in the connector and wires. the color matches the LED drl perfectly, and like you said modernizes the headlight a bit. beam pattern is pretty much the same, though i feel there's a little more falloff closer the the bike. the light projects a bit farther, is easier to see due to the whiter color temperature, and is not blinding in any way. I got the bulbs at a good price, so for about $45 a worthy upgrade. i can't see needing anything more light than that. oh almost forgot, they're made in italy as well :cool:

#13 ·
I recently changed both the H7 (low beam) and H1 (high beam) to LED, as mentioned the clearance isn't great for the better LED bulbs with heatsinks/fans.

I went with Alla Lighting FL-BH LED bulbs, they let me buy a mixed set of H1/H7 for $80 going through them direct. I was hoping the H1 would fit since these have slightly shorter heatsinks than most - they didn't. I had to drill a hole in the housing and use weatherproof tape. I initially installed a rubber cover but it was too high and rubbed against the triple tree, preventing a smooth turn of the handlebar.

It takes a little time to fit the driver and everything in the headlight but it can tuck away neatly if you get it right. Really don't recommend undoing any of the screws for the clips or grounding - I turned one and it broke completely, I had to solder things back on.

The light output is really nice though, recently some of the roads around me (Hawaii) have had the LED street lights go out so these have increased my safety by quite a bit.

I'd recommend going with a fanless H1 bulb for the high beam. Since you're not using it constantly I'd think you wouldn't lose as much light output since the heat won't saturate that quickly.

Not sure if links are allowed but bulb facts includes some of the heatsink sizes:

#17 ·
Finding LED replacement bulbs for your 2020 Monster 821 can be a bit of a challenge, but there are some options available. Here are a few suggestions to consider:
Hikari Ultra LED Headlight Bulbs, Auxbeam F-16 Series LED Headlight Bulbs, BEAMTECH H11 LED Headlight Bulbs, and AGS φ LED Lights
I was wondering if anyone knows any good LED replacement bulbs for the 2020 Monster 821? I cant seem to find anything that would actually fit. The stock OEM are dim halogens that need to go. The OEM low beam is a 12v 55w single prong, and the high beam is a 12v 55w 2 prong... The bulbs are small in size. It doesn't look like the headlight housing could fit an LED that has the integrated fan or driver at the end of it... Has anyone found a good replacement option for this bike? Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.