Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help on where to tap these 3 wires into and will I NEED a resistor?

this is the stock plug^
Any advice is appreciated thank you

·
Registered
65 Posts
The third wire is for optional daytime running lights. Just connect neutral and power and you are good to go. I bought new pigtails for mine so I wouldn’t have to cut any wires but if you don’t want to do that you can cut them off of the factory signals. You might know this but just in case, don’t cut on the bike side of the harness. It’s no big thing to render the factory signals useless but you don’t want to goof up the wiring harness. You will need resistors. Also, power and neutral were not the same color on both sides of my bike so test each one before you button it up. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks Jon, I will give it another go, what are your thoughts on me splicing female bullet connectors to the bike right behind the plug? Just to sorta make it “plug and play” for stock or these blinkers? Would that work? Thanks again much appreciated

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey thanks Jon, I will give it another go, what are your thoughts on me splicing female bullet connectors to the bike right behind the plug? Just to sorta make it “plug and play” for stock or these blinkers? Would that work? Thanks again much appreciated
No problem! Do your splice on the signal side. Can’t remember which side is male and which is female but either order new connectors (that’s what I did) or cut the connectors off of the factory signals you are taking off. This preserves the bikes wiring and you’ve only spliced wiring on a replaceable part. As a general rule I never make a cut on a main vehicle wiring harness. No matter how good you are it will be the weak point.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the same lights on my 696 and they look great. Much better than the stock Duc directionals which looked kind of feminine to me. Yes you will need a resisters. I used these and cut the mounting tabs off. US Stock 5x 150 ohm 150R 10W Watt Aluminum Housed Metal Case Wirewound Resistors | eBay
They will go between the red and black wires. If you want the red swoosh to be activated, you can hook the blue wire to the license plate hot wire. I used directionals with a white shwoosh at the front and wired them into the headlight. Just FYI I also installed bar ends--to me the rabbit ear mirrors don't fit the bike. And Storm by Mivv cans. They look and sound great and didn't cost an arm and a leg.
696.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts