Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a ducati monster today and I don't know everything yet. Is there any way to see the temperature on the bike?

·
Registered
156 Posts
It should be somewhere on the gauge cluster. My 796 has bars (not actual numbers) on the dash. Read the factory service manual. You should be able to find it in there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
797 does not have a temp gauge. I got an oil temp gauge that screws in where you add the oil and despite my doubts it does work rather well

·
Registered
156 Posts
797 does not have a temp gauge. I got an oil temp gauge that screws in where you add the oil and despite my doubts it does work rather well
Did not know that. Seems pretty amazing that it wouldn't have some kind of temp gauge.

·
Registered
24 Posts
no temp gauge
no ambient temp readout
no gear indicator
no fuel gauge
but you don't need any of those things to have fun on it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Get the goods SmartMoto Electronics has to offer for the 797. A Rexxer tune or better yet the Rexxer Evo User, and an exhaust. At least the SmartMoto bits. There is the MWR air filter/power up kit to, that I don't have, yet?

·
Registered
24 Posts
With a Termignoni exhaust and tune, I don't need any of the other bits that don't make it go any faster.

·
Registered
12 Posts
With a Termignoni exhaust and tune, I don't need any of the other bits that don't make it go any faster.
That may be true, except for the air box mod that the graphs show gives improvement. The Smart Moto stuff, do some more research. You really don't want or need the O2 sensors, if you had gone with a Rexxer tune. We went Rexxer with our Monsters. You really don't want all of the air flow blocking plumbing and zero performance of the EVAP and AIS, and you may find you would be happier with out the kick stand switch. Girlfriends '09 Monster 696 kicked up a rock and broke her kick stand switch. We had to cut the 3 wires and find out what two together would let the bike get moving again. Carry a pocket knife and some electrical tape if you don't ditch your kick stand switch. It could leave you stranded otherwise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts