Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, just put down deposit on a 17 Monster 1200. I plan to do short trips about 2-4 days. A top case is my number #1 choice but side cases or bags would also work. I use Givi and Shad cases on my other bikes neither offer a bracket for the Monster. What fits? Thank you
(P.S pics would be a great bonus)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, just put down deposit on a 17 Monster 1200. I plan to do short trips about 2-4 days. A top case is my number #1 choice but side cases or bags would also work. I use Givi and Shad cases on my other bikes neither offer a bracket for the Monster. What fits? Thank you
* I have a 2017 Monster 1200S, that I use for Sport Touring. I had the same questions as you, but at the time I bought the bike, no one had any answers. Through diligent discovery and my accessory parts manager at my Ducati Dealer, this is what I found: I do not use a top case. My rig consists of Hepco & Becker (C-Bow Mount) hard side bags (they are lockable and semi slim) and Ducati Performance tank bag. These 2 items lets me pack enough gear for a week of sport touring. The Hepco & Becker bags are nice, but are not overtly large. If you carefully pack you can get a lot in them. The Ducati tank bag is expandable and it works fantastic!

Good luck!

tach9

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
C-Bow system looks great versus the shad side case system looks heavy duty. How many liters is the tank bang? Thank You

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Xkactetx, does the 1200 have the loops under the seat like the 1200S, i use Kriega tail packs (25 ltr plus a 10l tr if needed) which attach to these loops under the seat easily

1 - 6 of 6 Posts