Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing the RH Foot Rest Holder Plate (#3) and need to remove Ring Nut (#12) and Treaded Dowel (#13) and fit them to the replacement Holder Plate. I know the Threaded Dowel has a Hex for a 12mm key but the Ring Nut will need the Ducati Special tool.

Can anyone confirm the part number of the correct tool? I believe it may be item #4 on page #68 of the Parts Manual, but I would like to be sure before I order it. Alternatively, does anyone in Orange County, CA have one I could borrow, rent or buy?

Many thanks

Ian
San Clemente, CA

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
I am replacing the RH Foot Rest Holder Plate (#3) and need to remove Ring Nut (#12) and Treaded Dowel (#13) and fit them to the replacement Holder Plate. I know the Threaded Dowel has a Hex for a 12mm key but the Ring Nut will need the Ducati Special tool.

Can anyone confirm the part number of the correct tool? I believe it may be item #4 on page #68 of the Parts Manual, but I would like to be sure before I order it. Alternatively, does anyone in Orange County, CA have one I could borrow, rent or buy?

Many thanks

Ian
San Clemente, CA
I would try using an adjustable pin wrench...the cam nut tool might fit...away from my bike for the weekend so I can't confirm...

It looks like it gets torqued to 80nm...that's pretty taught for a pin wrench...I've made simple tools by using a Dremel to an impact wrench socket too if your in a pinch for time

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
I would try using an adjustable pin wrench...the cam nut tool might fit...away from my bike for the weekend so I can't confirm...

It looks like it gets torqued to 80nm...that's pretty taught for a pin wrench...I've made simple tools by using a Dremel to an impact wrench socket too if your in a pinch for time

I just checked...the tool that removed the cam pulleys castle nut is the same for the foot plate

Lol...I quoted myself

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Socket

Thank you for the info. I'll check it out.

It shouldn't be this difficult to identify the correct tool!

Ian
SoCal

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just wanted to close this thread by saying that the tool shown above from eBay is the correct tool for the job I have.

Thank you for the lead!

Ian
SoCal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts