Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
So I lost the one and only black key I had for my monster 1200s. Sent ignition and cluster to a dealer in Canada and when they received parts he opened the cluster and found no chip inside. So they were unabled to program any keys for me. They made me 2 copies from ignition. Bike will turn on. Lights come on fuel pump primes but when I press start button nothing happens. Battery is charged. Immobilizer light is on constant. My question is I ordered an ECU, ignition, black box and cluster all from a 2014 Ducati Monster 1200 s. But he has no key. A guy told me they can program me 2 keys and a key card with pin code. Will I be able to swap out my original ECU, cluster, black box and ignition and install the other set I'm purchasing off someone to my bike?? I'm basically putting a new brain on the bike. Will this work?? I spent lots of time and money on this bike. At this point I spent just about the price Ducati dealership in NJ wanted to install new cluster ignition switch ECU etc. They gave me a quote of around $3500-$4000. I need advice and help desperately please. So if anyone can help me out with some answers it will be appreciated. Thanks. Mike C
To my knowledge....the only way to get a new key to work would be to swap the ecu...black box and corresponding keys....a dealer and a call to Ducati NA is likely the cheaper solution....establishing ownership and provenance is the problem your up against...if you don't have a relationship with the dealer you need to begin a conversation with Ducati NA...paying 4k for a lost key is absurd and the only person who would embark on that is a theif...best of luck

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 1 of 1 Posts