Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I lost the one and only black key I had for my monster 1200s. Sent ignition and cluster to a dealer in Canada and when they received parts he opened the cluster and found no chip inside. So they were unabled to program any keys for me. They made me 2 copies from ignition. Bike will turn on. Lights come on fuel pump primes but when I press start button nothing happens. Battery is charged. Immobilizer light is on constant. My question is I ordered an ECU, ignition, black box and cluster all from a 2014 Ducati Monster 1200 s. But he has no key. A guy told me they can program me 2 keys and a key card with pin code. Will I be able to swap out my original ECU, cluster, black box and ignition and install the other set I'm purchasing off someone to my bike?? I'm basically putting a new brain on the bike. Will this work?? I spent lots of time and money on this bike. At this point I spent just about the price Ducati dealership in NJ wanted to install new cluster ignition switch ECU etc. They gave me a quote of around $3500-$4000. I need advice and help desperately please. So if anyone can help me out with some answers it will be appreciated. Thanks. Mike C

·
Registered
741 Posts
So I lost the one and only black key I had for my monster 1200s. Sent ignition and cluster to a dealer in Canada and when they received parts he opened the cluster and found no chip inside. So they were unabled to program any keys for me. They made me 2 copies from ignition. Bike will turn on. Lights come on fuel pump primes but when I press start button nothing happens. Battery is charged. Immobilizer light is on constant. My question is I ordered an ECU, ignition, black box and cluster all from a 2014 Ducati Monster 1200 s. But he has no key. A guy told me they can program me 2 keys and a key card with pin code. Will I be able to swap out my original ECU, cluster, black box and ignition and install the other set I'm purchasing off someone to my bike?? I'm basically putting a new brain on the bike. Will this work?? I spent lots of time and money on this bike. At this point I spent just about the price Ducati dealership in NJ wanted to install new cluster ignition switch ECU etc. They gave me a quote of around $3500-$4000. I need advice and help desperately please. So if anyone can help me out with some answers it will be appreciated. Thanks. Mike C
To my knowledge....the only way to get a new key to work would be to swap the ecu...black box and corresponding keys....a dealer and a call to Ducati NA is likely the cheaper solution....establishing ownership and provenance is the problem your up against...if you don't have a relationship with the dealer you need to begin a conversation with Ducati NA...paying 4k for a lost key is absurd and the only person who would embark on that is a theif...best of luck

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To my knowledge....the only way to get a new key to work would be to swap the ecu...black box and corresponding keys....a dealer and a call to Ducati NA is likely the cheaper solution....establishing ownership and provenance is the problem your up against...if you don't have a relationship with the dealer you need to begin a conversation with Ducati NA...paying 4k for a lost key is absurd and the only person who would embark on that is a theif...best of luck

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Hey brother I have proof of the bike. That’s not a problem. Like I said I sent my cluster and ignition to a reputable dealer and they said they would program me 2keys and provide a key code with pin code. Well when he received my cluster he said there was no chip inside so he said he can’t program me keys. He just made 2 copies from my ignition. It didn’t work. Anyway called sos diagnostics they said no worries. I told them I bought a ecu an ignition a black box and a cluster all from same year bike. He said no problem. Actually the guy Yasser is calling sos ans gonna tell him why he couldn’t do it. Anyway I’m getting the parts in the mail paid another $500 then I will ship them up to Canada and he said he can program me a key even though the ECU ignition cluster doesn’t come with the key. They said they will be able to make me one so I’m hoping this will be over soon

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just n update. Bought 2014 ducal monster 1200s ecu cluster ignition switch and a Bbox for a great deal. SOS diagnostics asked I wanted to use my dash which had a crack. I asked them to put new one on. They already got the keys programmed. Hopefully I just plug ecu in. Bbox ignition and cluster and she sold rip. Can’t wait. Between parts and labor I’m looking at $1400.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts