Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I'm putting together my clutch again and concerned because in the shop manual, it makes no distinction between any of the plates except for what it calls "the first driven plate" which, in the diagram, is the first steel plate coming from the cover towards the motor. I can't find any marks on any of the steel plates, and they're all 2mm thick. anyone know what's up with this?

Also, it feels like there's a flat side and very slightly rounded side on the steel plates. Not mentioned in the service manual...slightly "rounded" side goes towards motor right?

Finally...has anyone notices any problems with the clutch? The engagement is extremely abrupt, especially when cold. (Fwiw the clutch does disengage completely). I stall it all the time. Modulation sucks. It's hard to slip the clutch to lanesplit slowly. Basically the 'feeling' from the clutch is awful, aka non-existent. I switched to an aftermarket slave cylinder, and have bled and bled the system to no avail. Physically the friction plates, steels, and basket all look completely brand new. Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
I never touched a M1200 but this diagram from Newfren might help.
Your first and last driven plate have the same thickness as the others 2.0mm but a different number of teeth.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts