Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, recently I've been having an issue of the bike not starting during the cold mornings. Can hear the starter relay energize with a clicking sound but does not crank. During the day it starts right up even if its a cold start. Battery is fully charged. Battery is OEM.
I guess it does not have the cold cranking power required for the cold start in the mornings. Hence decided to get a new battery.
Now here lies the issue. The OEM is Yuasa 12V-10ah. It isn't available where I live but instead Yuasa 12V-12ah is available.
Is it ok to use the 12ah instead of the 10ah?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Check the measurements..if it fits it will be fine
Changinga battery is no easy project-- at least on my 2014 696. You have to almost disassemble bike to get to batterty. Got to be an easier way.. Previous owner spent $500.00 9 $125/hour)
at Ducati Miami among other services not incl battery it self. Want to meet persons who designed this system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Changinga battery is no easy project-- at least on my 2014 696. You have to almost disassemble bike to get to batterty. Got to be an easier way.. Previous owner spent $500.00 9 $125/hour)
at Ducati Miami among other services not incl battery it self. Want to meet persons who designed this system.
The labour chargers are a fixed amount for a particular job here at the dealership but its more fun to DIY. The battery is under the tank. Would be a lot easier if it was under the seat. Removed the battery and charged it overnight. Currently working just fine but the next time it doesn't I will definitely replace the battery. Have not assembled the bike back up just yet. Will be checking the morning cold starts for a few days before doing so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A similar issue happened with me, the bike did start the next day, but the day after I had that clicking sound. With your clicking sound, was it a very fast pace? Mine is, as it's winter-ish I have pulled the battery for the season, just curious if I may also have another problem. Videos I have seen do not have the same 'speed' to the clicks, mine seem quite fast clicks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A similar issue happened with me, the bike did start the next day, but the day after I had that clicking sound. With your clicking sound, was it a very fast pace? Mine is, as it's winter-ish I have pulled the battery for the season, just curious if I may also have another problem. Videos I have seen do not have the same 'speed' to the clicks, mine seem quite fast clicks.
Yeah thats the starter relay energizing but not enough power to crank. I forgot to mention this but before this happened I got the 0005.rSW error.
Sadly the store was out of stock and I still have not changed my battery. I stopped getting the starter relay clicking sound after I charged the battery overnight. Now its just the error code once then the next try it starts up just fine.
I read on another thread that you have to switch on the bike and for like 10-20 seconds before trying to start. Then it starts right up. I did that and now no error code, no starter relay clicking, just starts normally. But this all points to an aged battery hence will change it asap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts