Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #101 (Edited)
Nice ride. I have #93/200 for the 1100 EVO myself. That is indeed the stock seat, there was nothing special about the seat (no special stitching or materials). That tan seat is sort of pigvomit, I agree with you. Clutch is super light, but I went ahead and threw an Oberon aftermarket clutch slave on there and reduced the pull even further. It's now pretty amazing, with a really light feel at the lever and very little pull to hit friction. I just flipped 31k miles on mine, stock clutch plates too. It's been very reliable and super fun to ride (I get to 85 mph so damn fast I don't realize it), not a single problem except for some oil weeping from top of left side engine cover (but so minimal I just clean it off after every few rides). One thing that really helped was getting the suspension dialed in. I went from hating the ride to loving it, so make sure you take advantage of that fully adjustable suspension and dial that bike in - it transforms how it rides and handles. Lookin' good man!

Reactions: BudDaytonMon

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Malloy

Man, your bike is great!

Thanks for the info, I do need to figure out the suspension soon. A throttle tamer seems tempting since I ride city mostly.

I installed the Ducati seat with red stitch the night I took the bike home. Tan man needs to go - it may work for someone else's build but it doesn't work on my OE plus bike :)

I'll take some good pics once the rain stops...

Nice ride. I have #93/200 for the 1100 EVO myself. That is indeed the stock seat, there was nothing special about the seat (no special stitching or materials). That tan seat is sort of pigvomit, I agree with you. Clutch is super light, but I went ahead and threw an Oberon aftermarket clutch slave on there and reduced the pull even further. It's now pretty amazing, with a really light feel at the lever and very little pull to hit friction. I just flipped 31k miles on mine, stock clutch plates too. It's been very reliable and super fun to ride (I get to 85 mph so damn fast I don't realize it), not a single problem except for some oil weeping from top of left side engine cover (but so minimal I just clean it off after every few rides). One thing that really helped was getting the suspension dialed in. I went from hating the ride to loving it, so make sure you take advantage of that fully adjustable suspension and dial that bike in - it transforms how it rides and handles. Lookin' good man!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Got any mod plans for that beast?

The "ugly" side:

Reactions: Moody1100evo

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Got any mod plans for that beast?The "ugly" side:
No bad side on these bikes :)

It's pretty well sorted right now, can't think of much else to do. Current mods: Temi slip ons, race ecu, air filter, CRG levers, Rizoma bar end mirrors and reservoirs, New Rage tidy.

Considering:
-G2 throttle tamer
-New Rage front indicators
-levers -the bike came with CRG short levers - not sure I like them - may switch them out.
-frame sticker and reflector removal. Though it's probably best to keep the frame stickers on for originality...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Number 135 now resides with me in Knoxville, TN. I bought it from a man in Washington, DC, in February before all of this Coronavirus madness hit. It had 41 miles on it! I have added only 100 more. It had a tail tidy installed and the silver body work. I was given the original red body parts which will be going back on it soon. I have installed a Werkes exhaust and removed the buddy pegs/brackets.
DSC_0247.JPG

101 - 113 of 113 Posts