Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When did the 2010 Monster 696 go on sale in the US? Just curious as my local Ducati Dealer's web site is showing 2009's.

Thanks!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Its been a couple months here in the states. Usually the dealers will want to get rid of the old models before ordering new ones. Although there is little difference in the bikes ( option for ABS, adjustable levers, and a different looking exhaust) they are essentially the same.

You may be able to get a better deal on an 09 as they are trying to unload them to make room for the 10's

jim

·
Registered
84 Posts
2010 models will arrive in April with Multistrada

2010 ABS models may take some more time...maybe may. This is what one of the mid-west dealer told me couple of weeks ago. Unless you are stuck on ABS, go for 2009 model and get some discount.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I'm guessing it's a long shot, but you think they'll come up with some kinda kit for the 09's to get ABS. I think I'd be interested.

·
Registered
84 Posts
ABS kit for Monster

It is technically possible but I doubt anyone would do it. The BOSCH ABS kit itself is be very expensive if you are able to find one that works with Monster. And I would think that only DUCATI factory would know how to integrate it accurately with internal electronics. ABS in motorcycle is still very new technology ...maybe in 5 years this may become more common.

If you really want ABS then wait for 2 months and pay the extra 1k.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only thing I think I could want from 2010 is the adjustable levers, but I guess u can buy them aftermarket. If it means saving some good money...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Being Winter and having some 2009's sitting around the showroom is a good thing for a perspective buyer. I heard invoice is $7900, you should be able to get out the door very close to that number.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Being Winter and having some 2009's sitting around the showroom is a good thing for a perspective buyer. I heard invoice is $7900, you should be able to get out the door very close to that number.
That would be sweet. How are the Ducati dealers on average when it comes to deals? I ask because my local dealer is the only Ducati dealer in a 2 hour drive radius, so I wonder if they are less likely to make a deal?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Supply and Demand. If they are sitting on some 2009's and need to move some inventory around I'd just make a low offer. Or call another dealer and try to get them in a bidding war, that usually brings about the lowest price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts