Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Ducati monster 1100s
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all, just got a 2010 monster 1100s and I’m doing some upgrades but when I got to the handlebar to my surprise the bar is welded to a mount “I’m guess it’s standard “ and it connects to another riser mount which is on the triple tree. My issue is that I’m use to a more aggressive stand since on my last duc had bar clamps on the forks, I’m guessing that I can’t lower my handlebar since no adapter can fit with this welded mount on handlebar. Thank you in advance for any feedback

·
Registered
39 Posts
So the original clamp is not welded to anything? And it isn't something like JB weld or metalset? If that is welded I would not trust that bar since the heat treatment is likely altered. Can you just replace the bar and not use the riser?

·
Registered
2010 Ducati monster 1100s
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So the original clamp is not welded to anything? And it isn't something like JB weld or metalset? If that is welded I would not trust that bar since the heat treatment is likely altered. Can you just replace the bar and not use the riser?
Thank you for your reply, yes the mount where the handlebar seat on is definitely welded, I thought that it was odd, I’m gonna do just that get a replacement bar and that should lower to 1.5 - 2 inches as well. Thank you for the reinforcement opinion, I needed it 🙏🏻

1 - 6 of 6 Posts