Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the next generation 4v monster ?
I know the Streetfighter,(rode one this past weekend) is out there but it's no Monster.
Not to mention 95hp to 155hp is a big jump in the lineup.

So maybe they can drop the 848 motor into the Monster frame and come up with the 4v Monster.

Any thoughts ?
Am I late, I've been out of the loop for a while ?

·
Registered
225 Posts

Not gonna happen, current and future Monsters will all be 2v/air cooled, as they should be ;)

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
That's where Ducati has taken things. All Monsters will be air-cooled and the Streetfighter has taken over water-cooled naked bike duties. They will most likely not be designing a new engine that's 4v/cyl and air-cooled--too expensive.

The water-cooled engines will not fit correctly in the new Monster's frame, as per Ducati.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've seen this pic posted else-ware on the forum with some great 'accessories.' Speaking of which, does anyone know what kind of bikini fairing in on the instrument cluster? Looks like it could be a custom job.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you look close the radiator is too close to the tire if the forks compress the tire will rub.
Yea, it does look real close but I think it's just the angle of the shot.
Plus the forks have been moved up in the triple tree.
They end above the start of the tank.
If it is a problem it's easily resolved

I found a few more pics of that same bike.
I'll post them when I get a chance.

·
Registered
78 Posts
2010 monster 4v

I don't think someone would go through all that custom work and not realize the front end is too close. Your right, they've got the front end dropped.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Very nice!!!! Maybe it's the new 160 hp 1098 S5Rs Monster?

They should have at least taken it in out of the rain!

·
Registered
67 Posts
All that I've seen of this bike this guy has alot of time to kill. Or money to burn or both.... My next question " IS there a gas tank? LMAO vertical cylinder looks to interfere with the original tank.. Never mind if this guy went as far as to design an exhaust like that probably designed a tank too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts