Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2009 Ducati Monster 696 in yellow (see details below) with carbon fiber Termignoni exhaust kit. Just over 5000 miles and still under warranty. Buy it while there's still plenty of riding time this year! $6800.

All service is up-to-date. Owners have been adults in their 40's and the bike has not been on the track or dropped. At the time of posting it has just over 5000 miles on it, so it obviously does not get much mileage per year. We now have another Ducati M696 and a Vespa, and I have a Multistrada 1200S on order for delivery soon - we don't need this many bikes!

Of particular note is the factory yellow skins. The bike was originally Pearl White, which I found boring, so I ordered the yellow skins from Italy. The bike has carbon fiber Termignoni exhausts, a Ducati Performance racing ECU, and high-flow air filter that came as a kit. The motorcycle is still under warranty for a while longer.

This has been a wonderful motorcycle, and I thought long and hard before replacing it. At my age and with my neck and shoulders the riding position of the Multi 1200 is better for me.

Modifications include replacing the stock 15-tooth sprocket with a 14-tooth gear for easier around-town riding and removal of the emissions canister. The engine starts instantly and runs smoothly, as you'd expect from a bike with this mileage. Everything works as it's supposed to.

Both black keys, the code card, all the original tools and helmet cable, and the manual are included - this model did not come with a “red key.” The plain black instrument panel cover is also included in case you want to remove the micro-fairing. I have the "dB killers" which have been removed from the mufflers. They are easily replaced if you want to be "neighbor-friendly," as the carbon fiber exhausts are quite loud. The stock 15-tooth sprocket is available if you want it for some reason.

Technical specs are at http://www.ducati.com/bikes/monster/696/2009/tech_spec.do and tons more information can be found at http://www.monster.ducati.com/index_en.html.

An owner's manual can be downloaded from http://www.ducati.com/en/bikes/service/manuals/2009.jhtml?family=manuals (click the British flag next to 696).

You may test-ride the bike only if you have a motorcycle endorsement and the above purchase price in hand in the form of cash or cash equivalent. I'm not interested in trades of any sort. Email or PM to arrange to see the bike or for questions.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, but it won't be for sale until after this bike sells.

·
Registered
14 Posts
well I was thinking buying it with the bike instead (so bike + both skins)... or swapping the whites on prior sales (so bike+white skin, you keep the yellow skin for a separate sales)... don't get me wrong the yellow is nice, but just not for me...

is that something possible or open to discussion?

thanks

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well I was thinking buying it with the bike instead (so bike + both skins)... or swapping the whites on prior sales (so bike+white skin, you keep the yellow skin for a separate sales)... don't get me wrong the yellow is nice, but just not for me...

is that something possible or open to discussion?

thanks
Certainly. I can return it to white.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm in the southwestern part of the state, near Peterborough.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Mstevens,

If you ultimately sell the white skins, please let me know.

I would be very interested in purchasing one or multiple pieces.

Thanks!
-MT JTN

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mstevens,

Has the bike sold yet? I may be interested if Dandestroy hasn't gone ahead with it. I would have to look at the logistics of the bike to Canada and luck would have it that I'm at the other end of the country!

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The bike is still for sale. Several people have looked at it and are thinking about it, but nobody's pulled the trigger yet.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sale pending

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sold.

Here are a few characters.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is the bike still available?
For the answer to this question, read the message that appears directly above yours. It was the last one in the thread before you posted.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mine...mine...mine...
I bought it and have been alternating riding it and my FZ6. Just got a used touring seat and am looking to try it on.

·
Registered
115 Posts
They feel very different. I kept my FZ6S2 because I have a large Givi trunk setup and it is a very comfortable bike for two up. My wife gets on, holds the grab handles, and I forget she is there. The FZ6 is much stronger at the high end, but I never visit it. I ride 98% of the time in the city and almost never ever go above 6k rpm. Up to 6k rpm, the monster has a bunch more torque (probably the Termi's package adds a little as well). The Monster is also much more nimble, has a thinner rear tire and feels/is a lot lighter. If I only had one bike, I would probably stick with the FZ6 for it's utility (standard center stand, 5.1 gallo fuel tank, comfortable two up, japanese reliability). I am lucky that my wife let me sell her Ninja and get the Monster. The monster has more of a soul is overall more fun to ride.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts