Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I’ve seen a bunch of different post similar to this one over the years but I could use some help. I was riding my bike home from work and I downshifted and my bike locked into 3rd gear. The foot lever was stuck down and wouldn’t budge. So I took the alternator cover off and saw that the gearbox drum control fork was jammed up again the casing. So I check the return spring and that was still intact. So I used a screw driver and lifted up on the fork and it popped back into gearbox drum. I tested it shifting while I had it apart and everything went well. I put the bike back together, filled it up with oil, then went for a test drive. 3.5 miles in a came to the 4th stop sign by my house and it got locked into second gear. So I took the case apart again and this time the control fork got jammed under one of the pins of the gearbox drum. I don’t know if the gearbox drum needs adjusted or I just need a new control fork. I really don’t want to take it to a mechanic unless I have to. Below is a picture of the control fork jammed under one of the pins. Please help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts