Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the new owner of a 08 695. I love the bike however I feel a little cramped.
I'm 6'2 and 235 with a 32"inseam.

I would like to raise the seat and perhaps the handlebars up some so I don't have to feel cramped and not stretch out so much.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi, I'm afraid the answer is you need a bigger bike, I had a 695 for 2 years and while I loved it the low seat and high pegs always dogged me. Just before I sold it I had some Rizoma bars put on, the straight swap ones, and they were much higher and more swept back which sorted out the hunched up feeling. The seat to peg lenght stayed the same so I decided it was time for an upgrade, so I got a 796 and while not perfect on longer rides, is a massive improvement. You can change the suspension rod on the 695 which will allow you to raise the height, then you may have to lower the front etc..all in all I would say you are way to big for the 695 and will find it hard to get truly comfortable.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I would like to raise the seat and perhaps the handlebars up some so I don't have to feel cramped and not stretch out so much.

Any ideas?
Still you'll be too big for the bike. Sell it. Buy another bigger model. I'm just barely 5'6" tall(150LBS)...yet I FELT the bike(M695) is just right for me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. I would upsize if I had the cash. I may give bar risers a try and maybe have the seat replaced with one slightly taller.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts