Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting. I think imitation is the finest form of flattery... but I wish it were something "fresh". It has hints of Brutale, SV and Speed Triple (pipes) in it. Thoughts?

http://www.maxmoto.co.uk/aprilia_750.shtml

·
Registered
24 Posts
That is a pretty sick bike.. but your right.. very copied.. I'm a noob and i can even see it.. crazy bike though.. makes me think of the movie "akira" if you've ever seen it..

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I dig it. I'd buy one. Not fond of the exhaust though.

I'm waiting for them to drop the 450/550 twin from their Motard into the RS 250 chasis as rumored. That would be a seriously fun bike.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Aparently no one remembers the ORIGINAL Shiver concept [laugh]

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
The original should have been called the 'Willies' as that's what I get when I look at it. What kind of a name is Shiver anyway?

The new one's not so bad though. I like what they did to manage the cooling although I can't see an oil cooler. The water pump looks nice and tidy too. Wet clutch?.... probably. The brake side reservoir looks huge! Changing the oil looks easy to get to. Not wild about the mono shock being so exposed but I guess it'd be easier to clean (/shrug). Don't like the exhaust being so 'Batman' but that's just me- make it a left side, low mount, 2 into 1. Fly by wire throttle controls sound cool- hope they've solved the Italian electrics phenomenon though. I wonder if that means you'll be able to tune your throttle response via ECM? Looks like it may suffer a bit on the fuel economy being a 4V. Unless my eyes are not trained well enough (possible!) the tank size will only allow 110-130 miles per tank but that's no big whoop.

I'll never understand the fascination with gold parts (no offense to those that like it). Paint/Anodize that frame some variety of black or titanium grey and it'd look really sweet.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
I like it. It seems like the Italians are realizing that the Japanese don't seem to care to fight them for the naked market, and are coming out with some really nice bikes in that segment.

David B.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Overall the bike looks pretty good, and the 750cc watercooled lump is intriguing.

But honestly, the dash and pipes are already causing retinal bleeding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts