Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 M695 and for some reason after I ride it has fuel in the air box. I checked the lines to see if they're clogged but nothing. Not sure if anybody else had this problem or know anything about it. It rides and turns on fine. Just don't know what the problem is
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Fluid Kitchen appliance

·
Registered
44 Posts
On my 696, I was getting a heavy oil/gas smell on my clothes after riding. Being that I'm in front of the tailpipes, thats odd and doesn't happen like that on most bikes. Even the air filter smelled like gas and was yellowed. When I changed the oil, I only put it up to just above the min line in the sight glass. It seemed to reduce that. The crankcase fumes should contain some gas and oil. i think there's excessive windage happening if you fill it up all the way to the max line and that all gets sucked into the air box. When a piston goes through the compression stroke, the intake valve is open for part of that and some air is pushed out back into the air box. So its possible puffs of oil and gas are being pushed out of the airbox. Also, the min line cold is half way warm. So you might even go below the min line.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On my 696, I was getting a heavy oil/gas smell on my clothes after riding. Being that I'm in front of the tailpipes, thats odd and doesn't happen like that on most bikes. Even the air filter smelled like gas and was yellowed. When I changed the oil, I only put it up to just above the min line in the sight glass. It seemed to reduce that. The crankcase fumes should contain some gas and oil. i think there's excessive windage happening if you fill it up all the way to the max line and that all gets sucked into the air box. When a piston goes through the compression stroke, the intake valve is open for part of that and some air is pushed out back into the air box. So its possible puffs of oil and gas are being pushed out of the airbox. Also, the min line cold is half way warm. So you might even go below the min line.
So I should change the oil and fill it to the min line ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does it need an oil change? If you just got the bike and don't know when it was done last, I'd recommend changing the oil. Otherwise you can just drain some oil out and see if it makes a difference for you. It seems to have helped for me.
No I've been had the bike. I changed the oil not too long ago but it's been sitting most of the winter and summer so i wouldn't mind doing another one. I'll try that and update the post.

·
Registered
44 Posts
No I've been had the bike. I changed the oil not too long ago but it's been sitting most of the winter and summer so i wouldn't mind doing another one. I'll try that and update the post.
I hope that works. I'm going to send my injectors off to get cleaned and balanced this winter to make sure they're not shooting too much fuel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts