Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my local ducati dealer has a 2006 monster s4r with 600 miles on the clock. The bike is flawless. It has GPR slipons, a open clutch cover, and some more carbon fiber bling. There asking 8000$ but i talked them down to 7100$. What do you guys think.

P.S- how are GPR exhaust quality wise and sound wise?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'd go Ducati over Triumph any day, all day. Especially for $2400 in your pocket. Have the belts been changed? It's obviously been sitting, they need to be changed. What color?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i went over the belts and the ones on there still have life in them, how is the 06 s4r reliability wise

·
Registered
12 Posts
The bike your talking about is modified so its hard to tell. I don't recommend mods before the engine opens up. My buddy had a bad time with his s4r as far has reliability. Also all the screws rust over time.

·
Registered
238 Posts
i went over the belts and the ones on there still have life in them, how is the 06 s4r reliability wise

Regarding the belts; Ducati specs: 6k miles or 2 years witchever comes first.

Obviously if it's still the original belts (after a mere 600 miles I supposed so), they HAVE to be changed.

On relability, never heard any problems specific to this model/year.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Everyone has there opinion, but $7000+sales tax+maintenance, your looking at about $8000. If your going to finance $8000 you are going to pay over $1000 interest and rates will be at least 8%. So now your up to $9000. I would play it safe and get a bike with a warranty and low interest rate for financing. Also ask the dealer how long the bike has been sitting on there floor. But this is only my opinion...

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Deal

RCELNK,
Do you know this bike? Sounds like it to me.
If your any kind of a wrench you can do most of the work yourself. I think it's worth it

·
Registered
12 Posts
SMCDAMMITT,

You don't need to know the bike to know the math. Im on this forum to get information and to give necessary information to those who need it.

If know now someone that has a problem with a bike, i'd like to share that so other people don't make the same mistake.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts