Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I recently acquired a '06 S2R800 and with it some possible electrical issues. I haven't been able to find anyone talking about this particular problem in the forums. The problem is that all of the cluster lights, other than check engine, stay on after the initial start-up sequence. The right LCD also constantly blinks "FUEL" even though the tank is full.

The bike still starts and seems to run fine. I've taken it out for a few short rides and didn't notice any additional problems. The LCD even stopped blinking "LO" once it warmed up, as expected, even though "FUEL" continues to blink.

The bike had been sitting for about 2 years prior to this issue and was on a battery tender for a majority of that time. Recently the previous owner noticed the battery had swelled considerably, so they quickly changed it out for a new battery and upon starting the bike these problems appeared.

Additionally, the tail was chopped shortly after being purchased in '06. My first thought was to check that wiring to see if there were any shorts or bare wires, but it still looks good. There are also no issues with the headlight, tail light or blinkers. All work as expected.

I also visually inspected as much of the wiring as I could easily get to on the rest of the bike and didn't see anything obviously wrong.

To address some of the other items from the sticky in this forum:

- I am only posting this question to this forum
- The '06 is injected.
- The bike is not in warranty
- I'm trying to figure out the problem so that I can attempt the repair myself

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Check the plug in the back of the gauge for loose wires. Check the wires entering the fuel tank. Possibly open the tank up, pull the pump out and check if everything still looks good there. Two years is a long time if it sat with fuel. Change the fuel filter while your in there if it hasn't been done lately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts