Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Monster S2R Dark, 4,000 miles, which replaced it's sister damaged by Superstorm Sandy (25 serial numbers apart!!),..anyway, long story with the star of the show being a "Ducati expert" diagnosing an ECM issue, and he replaced it with a used replacement (along with guages, ignition keys, and and seat locks,...), but, it turns out it was from an S4R. So, it ran terrible, I sent the ECM to a Re-Flasher, and it still does not run right. Stalls at red lights, dull backfires intake and exhaust. Local dealers are useless, and private mechanics dont know Ducs around here,. Any thoughts, or suggestions of a mechanic who would actually work on a Duc near central New Jersey?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Are they still functional? At least to the point where you can download the original maps from them?

·
Registered
8 Posts
The ECU needs to “learn” the position of the throttle, so it requires specialty cables and software to run the diagnostics.... you can find info if you search TPS Reset (TPS = Throttle Position Sensor). Alternatively, you can have a shop do it... might be best to get a tow there. FYI, my non expert opinion is that’s the reason the bike is stalling and running rough.

·
Registered
166 Posts
no, I did not, what is required to do so?
Pay attention to what BEZ is saying.
If your original "expert" had the gear to do the tps reset he could have simply disabled the immobilizer and you would not have needed to replace your instruments and locks, just the ecu.
When you got the ecu reflashed they would have assumed that the tps settings were already set up for your bike and would have left them as they were so your problem continued.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts