Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you guys want a great project or if there is a mechanic on the board who wants to do this for a profit let lets talk. This is a brand new 300 mile 2006 S2R 800 gloss black/orange. Always garaged indoors. Brand new full Termi CF system and speedy moto sliders. The Termis alone are worth $1200-1500 as they were $2400 new.

The bike was in a 0 MPH collission where another car backed into it and knocked it over. It was a very freak accident, but due to the way the bike went over the kickstand tore off a 4 inch section of the engine casing and my dealership tells me it needs an entirely new motor. They are also in the process of making me an offer for the bike (they will make several thousand on parts alone).

Here is what I know is in perfect condition:
-Full Termignoni System, two high on the side, Carbon Fiber, CPU chip, airfilter
-Speedy Motos and 14T sprocket, chain, etc.
-Tank
-Seat
-Rims/Tires
-Shocks (fronts might be slightly bent but appear to be perfect) Rear is perfect
-Frame appears to be perfect
-Brembo brakes front and rear, disc, calipers, etc.
-Electronics - speedo, computer, etc.
-Have all manuals, service receipts, both keys, etc.
-All motor parts other than lower engine casing are in perfect 200 mile condition

Here is what I know needs to be replaced:
-Front headlight
-Left mirror
-Lower engine casing (see photo)
-Gear shift lever
-If I didn't mention it on this list and it comes on an 2006 S2R 800 it is in perfect condition

This is basically an awesome opportunity for someone who knows what Ducati parts are worth to come in and take this on as a rebuild or a part out. The Termis alone are worth $1400 or so. The other parts have to be worth several thousand too. Obviously I am not looking to get full value. If I can recover some of my cost that would be great. Please email me at [email protected] for more info.

Someone is going to get a sick deal!

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: 2006 Ducati S2R 800 FS: Needs work, but a great deal

The bike is in storage in NY. I will deliver it to anywhere within about 100 miles of NYC free of charge and happy to help with delivery to anywhere farther.

I really don't know what its worth. The Termis I know trade for about $1200 to $1400. Might be best off selling them separately since I'm sure a lot of guys would like them. But then again, if someone is going to rebuild the bike it would be very nice to have the 14T, the Speedymotos, and the Termis on there already and perfectly tuned.

I'm looking for best offer but thinking the parts have to be worth $1500 or so maybe more. Any interest if I let the whole thing go with the Termis for $3k?

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hi Dan ,
Sorry for your bike ,I'm a so called mechanic for the last thirty years and I would buy your bike in a heartbeat I have the cash , I assume you have the title in hand and the bike is paid for in full ,if you want to sell it quickly send me an email to [email protected]
best regards
Attila ::)

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts

I said "e-mail sent" to be at front of the line, like all the slackers camped out at Best Buy to get the PS3.

8)

TMAX said:
Hi Dan ,
Sorry for your bike ,I'm a so called mechanic for the last thirty years and I would buy your bike in a heartbeat I have the cash , I assume you have the title in hand and the bike is paid for in full ,if you want to sell it quickly send me an email to [email protected]
best regards
Attila ::)

·
Registered
2,890 Posts

chris said:
I said "e-mail sent" to be at front of the line, like all the slackers camped out at Best Buy to get the PS3.

8)
I would hope any member here would consider that you would be 1st by contact....but also give the consideration that you are a site sponser here and the TMax fellow has been registered for about a week and made only 3 posts...all of which are to buy bikes and bring into Canada (which I think is a pain in the arse-I know it certainly is in the reverse!)

and FWIW...if he had posted the pics at the time of the origional posting and I had the extra cash right now....I'd be in front of you! ;D ;) [laugh]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Chris - I replied to you, hopefully we can work something out. I'm going to my dealership right now to find out what they'll give me and that should determine the fair price. I've been told I could easily get $5,000 (including the termis) by parting it out as everything is brand new and can almost be sold as new parts. I would take $4k right now considering the termis alone are worth $1400 or so.

TMAX - Email Sent

Edpop - I PM'd you back. Feel free to email me at [email protected] to arrange a meeting as I don't check PMs that much.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts

I think you need to quit talking about how much the exhaust is worth, pick a price, and stick to it. This is not e-Bay. If you want to take bids please post it there.

thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

r60us said:
I think you need to quit talking about how much the exhaust is worth, pick a price, and stick to it. This is not e-Bay. If you want to take bids please post it there.

thanks
Hey r60us - I'm not one to waste time squabbling on a message board, but what part of this did you not understand?

"I would take $4k right now"

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sold.

Thanks all for inquiring about the bike and offering advice on what is a fair price.

The new buyer is capable of doing the work himself so he will have an awesome bike on his hands when he's done. Congrats.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts