Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked through every relevant thread on here and I still can't figure out if this jacket (the perf version) runs large or small. There are two versions--one with perf leather and one with regular. Do you have one that looks exactly the same as in the pic? If so, can you post your actual size, the size you ended up buying the jacket in, and your impressions?

I'm a size 42 US and have a hard time deciding whether I need a 52 or a 54 (I'm 6'0" and 180 lbs).

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
gorus said:
I've looked through every relevant thread on here and I still can't figure out if this jacket (the perf version) runs large or small. There are two versions--one with perf leather and one with regular. Do you have one that looks exactly the same as in the pic? If so, can you post your actual size, the size you ended up buying the jacket in, and your impressions?

I'm a size 42 US and have a hard time deciding whether I need a 52 or a 54 (I'm 6'0" and 180 lbs).

Thanks in advance!
I have 5 or 6 Ducati Jackets & this one is my favorate! Actually, this is my special jacket and I'm actually afraid to wear it in case I crash on it. Yeah, I know it sounds crazy & does not make much sense to me either.

I think there were actually 3 versions.

1.not perforated, and also had performance written across the chest, but was discontinued.
2.semi-perforated one-perforated only in certain areas
3. Fully perforated one-perforated across most of the whole body

Out of all my Ducati jackets, the semi-perforated one fits & looks the best. I think they run very true to size. One of the descriptions I read about it said that it is supposed stretch to comform to your body so I think it is OK even if it is a bit tight on you. I'm usually a size 38 in all Motorcycle jackets that I have tried on except Kobe Dragon jackets where I am a size 40".
(5'7" * 168lbs) Usually USA size 38. Got the Euro size 48.

Well hope this helps!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for everyone's responses! It looks like, unanimously, I should go with the 52. Dang, I was all set on buying someone's used 54, but that would be a mistake at this point.

TucsonMonster - no matter how hard I work out, I don't think I could gain 30lbs to fit in the 54 ;)

TerribleTabo - thanks for clarifying. I agree and will go for the semi-perf one as well. Oh, and you lucky bastard!

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
gorus said:
Thanks for everyone's responses! It looks like, unanimously, I should go with the 52. Dang, I was all set on buying someone's used 54, but that would be a mistake at this point.

TucsonMonster - no matter how hard I work out, I don't think I could gain 30lbs to fit in the 54 ;)

TerribleTabo - thanks for clarifying. I agree and will go for the semi-perf one as well. Oh, and you lucky bastard!
[thumbsup]
You won't be dissappointed! It is a great jacket!
http://www.bhducati.com/cart/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=92&P_ID=449

1 - 8 of 8 Posts