Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to buy my first ducati, i have ridden before but it was a fat heavy hog, now i want a real bike.

i went to a local dealer and he had some left over 620's i saw on a website its a 10hp difference, has anyone ridden these two bikes.

Does the 620 come with a marzoochi fork?

Any help or info is appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
depends on you and the price difference.
Ride them both, see which you like better.
what kind of deal is your dealer making on the 620?
If its a really good deal & you're tight on cash, then the 620 might be best for now.
Otherwise, I would go for the 695.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just remember the service interval for the 695 is much longer, so you ultimately spend less cash. FYI

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
basically it was 1k off the 2006.

i do like the front fairing on the 2006 , and asked how much for the fairing on the 2007 and was told $500.

The other thing i am confused is every where on the net it shows a 10hp difference, i was told it was 2hp. Now i am not looking to break speed records, i just want a sports bike to enjoy, may be a track day here and there but basically just want a nice ducati to zip around the local roads here.

thanks for your help!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have seen fairings go for around $199-$300 on Ebay all the time. I wouldn't worry too much about that.

·
Registered
320 Posts
If you are just using it to "zip around town" and a few track days here and there, you might be best to go with the 620 and use the money saved for little extras to make it more "yours". That is primarily the type of riding I do and the 620 is just fine. While I haven't riden a 695, the differences cant be too much. Really, either one will be just fine, you cant go wrong. As mentioned earlier, the maintenance intervals are longer for the 07's, but its not too hard to do some work yourself. Besides, no you wont break any speed records with either one, but you still can get into trouble with both.

Good luck with decision,

Erik

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
If the stock gearing on a 620 is 15 front and 48 rear and the 695 is 15 / 42, that to me is a very big difference in gearing.
I know lots of people drop down in the front to a 14 tooth but has anyone also gone up on the rear sprocket as well?

Perhaps a 14 / 45 on a 695 would be a better choice.

Gary

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
2007 695 [thumbsup]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you for all the replies, i will just think some more, cant ride in this ny weather any way

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
AJCJR said:
thank you for all the replies, i will just think some more, cant ride in this ny weather any way

thanks
Says who?

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I would say either one would be fine. Don't think there is any big power difference between the two to pay a lot more for the 695. However, if you are not planning to keep the bike long; the 695 might be worth more in a year or two since it is a 2007.

The way I look at it; if you really want a fast bike there are plenty of choices out there. If you want an inexpensive Ducati..get one of the smaller Monsters.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Okay, I've ridden both. The 695 does have more ooomph, but the engine doesn't feel as smooth or "rev-happy" as the 620 did.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
If you've never owned a duc, you can't go wrong with the 620, especially at that price.

·
Registered
148 Posts
A 2006 620 was my first bike ever and I absolutely love it. The difference between the 620 and 695 are probably real minor so I'd suggest just saving yourself the dough and getting the 620.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Motorcycle Consumer News liked the previous engine of the 620 a lot more than the 695. Unless you want the cooler color scheme of the 695, I would go with the 620 as well. You could probably haggle even more off of it as it is a last year model- I'm sure they want to get if off the floor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts