Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 620 injected

Hey guys i swapped the stock signals for some wave LED signals. They cant complete their wave pattern due to the high flash rate of the original flasher circuit.
-I can fix it with resistors but since im in Turkey that will pull me out of the shop for a whole morning to a go search electric shops for what i need as online sales aren't really a thing here.

My hope was, since the wave function is built into the signals (attach to a constant power source, for example directly to the battery, and they wave on their own), that i could just delete the flasher relay from the circuit.

However i cant find a good 620 wiring diagram anywhere online and i havent been able to identify what is controlling the flash rate just by searching the bikes loom.
Searching the forums, ive heard of people swapping to LED compatible relays, and even one person saying the flash rate is controlled in the ECU on some models.

Would love any tips or ideas, or a copy of the wiring diagram!
Thanks!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Unfortunately the flasher for the turn indicators is controlled by the dash cluster. So resistors may be your only option. The good news is that you should be able to get away with only two. The rear would probably be my choice. Even though the cluster has 4 different outputs, one for each signal, I think it bases the flash rate on wherever the greatest load is. Keep in mind they used a negative switched setup. Which means all 4 lights have a constant 12V at all times when the bike is on. The switch opens up the ground allowing the light to turn on. This wouldn't be so bad if they all came together at one central point. However they don't. They're simply tied into the nearest available steady power at random places all over the harness. So when installing the resistors, they must be tied to the ground for the signal on that side of the bike. So 1 resistor for the right, and 1 for the left.

This is a fairly generic diagram for roughly that year. But it's convenient because it's a jpeg format, relatively clear, and everything is labeled.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think all you need is a capacitor across the led. The capacitor will charge when the dash switch is turned on and hold the voltage. You may need tune the timing with a resistor so that you get the signal to go on quickly and bleed off when the switch is off. I am actually surprised that your new blinkers don't have this built in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts