Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Trying to research & decide on which exhaust to get can be quite exhausting :devil

So far here's my decision tree based on ebay options for new parts (can't seem to find a used one)

1) Slip On
2) Full system

1) If slip on, my options are - a) Termignoni shorty ($600), b) Termignoni slipon ($1.1k), c)GPR deeptone ($800) or d) GPR 2 into 1 can ($340) - Don't know anything about MIVV, so didn't include.

2) Full System, my options are - a)GPR full system ($1.1k), b)arrow full system ($1.3k)

Any suggestions, thoughts & advice is much appreciated.

Leaning towards an arrow full or GPR full (seems like more bang for the buck) - The little reading i did said, a new ECU would be needed these deals on ebay don't come w an ECU, is that going to be a problem ?

Best,
hari

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi All,

Trying to research & decide on which exhaust to get can be quite exhausting :devil

So far here's my decision tree based on ebay options for new parts (can't seem to find a used one)

1) Slip On
2) Full system

1) If slip on, my options are - a) Termignoni shorty ($600), b) Termignoni slipon ($1.1k), c)GPR deeptone ($800) or d) GPR 2 into 1 can ($340) - Don't know anything about MIVV, so didn't include.

2) Full System, my options are - a)GPR full system ($1.1k), b)arrow full system ($1.3k)

Any suggestions, thoughts & advice is much appreciated.

Leaning towards an arrow full or GPR full (seems like more bang for the buck) - The little reading i did said, a new ECU would be needed these deals on ebay don't come w an ECU, is that going to be a problem ?

Best,
hari
Here's mine with the Arrows slip ons plus cat eliminator pipes (not full system). I did not change or flash my ecu, but did install a fatduc fueling manipulator. Runs great, just a bit rough idle at cold start up. One of the reasons I got the Arrows is the length of the cans is just right. The Termis are a bit too long imho.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gdembs,

Looks awesome.

Pardon my basic questions:

1) Do the termis become an undertail ?
2) What's the difference between a cat-delete Vs a full system (i thought it was the same) & do you need the heatwrap ?
3) What's a fatduc fuel manipulator

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks Gdembs,

Looks awesome.

Pardon my basic questions:

1) Do the termis become an undertail ?
2) What's the difference between a cat-delete Vs a full system (i thought it was the same) & do you need the heatwrap ?
3) What's a fatduc fuel manipulator
No problem:

1. The Termis are not undertail, they look like my Arrows, but are about 3" longer and extend beyond the tail. It's personal preference, but I like the length of the Arrows.
2. Not sure what the difference is, but just wanted to point out that the front half of my system is not part of the Arrows full system. I got it from Monster Parts. There is probably minor differences in the bends and shape. You do not need the exhaust wrap, I did it mostly because I like how it looks.
3. The FatDuc is like a simplified version of a Power Commander. It essentially tells your ECU that the air temperature is colder than it really is, tricking it to make the fuel mixture richer, which is what you need with a freer flowing exhaust. It is adjustable, easy to install, and costs around $80 if I remember correctly. I think you can buy at Monster Parts, or go directly to the FatDuc website.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks much Gdembs,

Appreciate it man :) :) :)

Ps. Your bike looks super clean & kick ass, can't help admiring it.

Seems like you even hid the wires & have spent a lot of time on it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks much Gdembs,

Appreciate it man :) :) :)

Ps. Your bike looks super clean & kick ass, can't help admiring it.

Seems like you even hid the wires & have spent a lot of time on it.
Thanks coolhari2000.
It's been fun doing little improvements over the past 18 months. I've put on every carbon fiber part available for it (other than body parts because I love the matte gray and black stripe!). They're really fun to ride.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Go for the Arrows. You can get the titanium ones with baffles installed and if you go for the racing CF cans you can swap the end caps with ones that have the groves for the baffles. Arrows sells the parts. I've done it on mine as I am getting older.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Haloguy,

Thanks for the recommendation. Those are Arrow Full system (or cat delete) I assume ?

They look kickass on your golden bike. Love it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Best looking / sounding Ducati exhaust I've ever seen -
Akrapovic dual titanium, into a single CF can, system.
My buddy bought an S4R used with one installed
I've looked everywhere and it seems its no longer available

here's an example for reference

1 - 12 of 12 Posts